One Touch Comfort discontinuation - recommend me a lancing device.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As the title suggests, the One Touch lancet discontinuation has hit me finally. Onto my last box, had the device for years, was the best one for me by far. Pigeon-holed onto the Delica device, which is sore, even on 1, the Comfort was always kept on 1 for me & worked grand.

Had looked into the Multiclix/Fastclix setup, unless folk have other good suggestions to try?

Thanks.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I have a fastclix and a softclix, they both seem pretty good and not too painful to use.

Reactions: ill3st

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies folks. Looks like that might be the way forward!

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Prescription changed to Fastclix. Lets see how this goes!

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prescription changed to Fastclix. Lets see how this goes!

with fastclix you cannot use one lancet more times. So not for me. But if you have it for free, the lancets are the same thickness as in softclix.

Reactions: ill3st
D

Deleted member 308541

with fastclix you cannot use one lancet more times.
Of course you can use the lancet multiple times, there's six lancets in the drum and you dial in a new lancet when you want.

I dial a new lancet in every week when I start a new pot of strips.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course you can use the lancet multiple times, there's six lancets in the drum and you dial in a new lancet when you want.

I dial a new lancet in every week when I start a new pot of strips.

So you have 6 shots (six measurements) and after that end. But you have possibility to call for others. I have not. I have to buy other drum.

D

Deleted member 308541

So you have 6 shots (six measurements) and after that end. But you have possibility to call for others. I have not. I have to buy other drum.
I buy them buy the box for my Multiclix and there are twenty drums of lancets in it, which are about $20.00.

The Fastclix and Softclix lancets come in boxes of four drums and cost around $12.00.

I do not think my pharmacy would open lancet boxes to sell one drum at a time though.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) I only want to say, that I use one lancet for a month, so 12 lancets for a year. With drum I would use 2 drums a day. Because you cannot use one drum 2 times.

D

Deleted member 308541

:) I only want to say, that I use one lancet for a month, so 12 lancets for a year. With drum I would use 2 drums a day. Because you cannot use one drum 2 times.
You do realise that there are six lancets that you can use multiple times in a drum...

Edited to make it clearer.

Last edited by a moderator:

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D

Deleted member 308541

@rom35 one six (6) lancet drum lasts me for three hundred (300) strips.

You turn the button on the end of the device to change the lancet, it tells you how to do it in the leaflet that comes with it.

Reactions: rom35

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@rom35 one six (6) lancet drum lasts me for three hundred (300) strips.

You turn the button on the end of the device to change the lancet, it tells you how to do it in the leaflet that comes with it.

You’ve made my day!!! I will try it.