One year on for me - quick read for any new T2's

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hi - I thought I'd post this here for any newly diagnosed Type 2s. Might be helpful

I'm just at the One Year post diagnosis point. I am pleased to say that by following the inspirational examples of people on here, and some good advice from elsewhere, I have my T2 well under control and have never felt fitter. I hope you can achieve this too, so please start with hope, and the motivation to make things better.

If you are newly diagnosed you are probably feeling overwhelmed, confused, and not sure what to do next. Hopefully by posting a new thread on the forum you should spark a lot of guidance (including the brilliant Daisy starter pack)

As well as reading replies to your own post, I would encourage you to explore this site in particular the Success Stories & Testimonials - by finding out how other people got on top of T2 you can hopefully find a method that works for you.

What seems like an age ago, I wrote a blog about my first 50 days with Type 2: might be helpful for you. There are loads of other great blogs to catch up on as well from other contributors.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/type-2-my-first-50-days.2190/

Thanks, and good luck - you can do this.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a lovely post, and excellent advice for newly diagnosed members. Well done on your achievements. :)

Reactions: rhubarb73

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi - I thought I'd post this here for any newly diagnosed Type 2s. Might be helpful

I'm just at the One Year post diagnosis point. I am pleased to say that by following the inspirational examples of people on here, and some good advice from elsewhere, I have my T2 well under control and have never felt fitter. I hope you can achieve this too, so please start with hope, and the motivation to make things better.

If you are newly diagnosed you are probably feeling overwhelmed, confused, and not sure what to do next. Hopefully by posting a new thread on the forum you should spark a lot of guidance (including the brilliant Daisy starter pack)

As well as reading replies to your own post, I would encourage you to explore this site in particular the Success Stories & Testimonials - by finding out how other people got on top of T2 you can hopefully find a method that works for you.

What seems like an age ago, I wrote a blog about my first 50 days with Type 2: might be helpful for you. There are loads of other great blogs to catch up on as well from other contributors.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/type-2-my-first-50-days.2190/

Thanks, and good luck - you can do this.
Absolutely fantastic work! Honestly a massive inspiration and it's great to have you as an advocate here, I am so happy your health has improved so much.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Well done @rhubarb73

The one who got me going by way of their own battles is actually on this thread. The person knows my stubborn grit, my humour and irrespective of my, at times impatient attitude, an always calming force. You never forget that. Neither will you