Ongoing cough??

Trinkwasser

Jem said:
Tried the simvastatin - once ... had the worst case of diarrhoea and then instant joint pain all up both arms ... given that up until next time I see the doc - although I'm thinking that the scrip he gave me for 40mg was a bit too much considering my chol was only 5, not 10!!

I'd strongly advise NEVER taking a statin again, that may be a sign of rhabdomyolysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

one of those rare but dangerous statin side effects

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
re vodka gargling ... yep I can relate Sue ... I tried wine tasting once but it just seemed plain wrong to spit *no innuendo meant!!!!!*

re - the statins @ TrinkW - my god and now I'm terrifed! are there non-statin meds that can reduce blood cholesterols?

happy night all :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Try Benicol yogurt drink and 25gm of almonds a day Jem.Supposed to help reduce cholesterol.BTW not all statins have the side effects of simvastatin,there are others.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi jem,
I had issues with Simvastatin :twisted: the leaflet said the side effects I was getting were rare,but on googling Simvastatin :twisted: side effects I found loads of others with the same probs.
At present I'm not on statins,I'm due my 3monthly check soon and will wait for my Cholesterol results before considering Statins again. I've been on the Benecol and almonds that Sue suggested for the last couple of months so will let you know how it affects my Chol.Go for the dairy free benecol its lower in sugar.

Cheers Graham

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
ohhhh cheeers my lovely ones - diamond ... don't suppose macadamia nuts have the same impact then *sigh* ... does it matter if they're sweet almonds or regular almonds? ... as to benecol ... would need a second mortgage ... mind you if I splice in half of my monetary allowance for macadamia nuts, then Iwould probably be able to afford a tub a week hahahaha /... thanks for the infos ... will you let me know how the chol goes Graham?

... koff hakk ...

oh and my arm is still throbbing from that flu jab = but that's just because I am a giant wuss with a terribly low pain threshhold!!

best, Jemxxx

jacquirs

Dislikes
being ill/not being in control
Jem i bought plain macadamias in tesco yesterday biggish bag (and they are wonderful..)

the packet says 4.7 per 100g

trouble is they are so moreish :D

best wishes Jacqui

Jem

Dislikes
excellent!!

anyone would think I have macanut shares, sadly not, just think that they are delightful

I love the salted nuts!! hahaha (sorry)

good to know the tesco's ones have low carb labels ... some do tend to vary for some bizarre reason ... I'm sticking to Sainsbury's salted ones at the mo - they're heaven and totally satisfy my savoury desire to demonlish an entire tube of Pringles .. yes I know they're made out of rubbish but hmmmm ... so I'm using macanuts as my pacifier :)

Also of note are pine nuts (another nut that probably isn't even a nut, don't know!!) but although they're a bit small and strange to begin with, I ate a little packet the other day (whilst watching Kate and Leopold!!)

best, Jem xox

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Go for the sweet ones Jem the others are supposed to be toxic :shock: The last benecol I bought from asda had been reduced to £2 for a 6 pack whether the offers still on I don't know.

Cheers Graham

Jem said:
ohhhh cheeers my lovely ones - diamond ... don't suppose macadamia nuts have the same impact then *sigh* ... does it matter if they're sweet almonds or regular almonds? ... as to benecol ... would need a second mortgage ... mind you if I splice in half of my monetary allowance for macadamia nuts, then Iwould probably be able to afford a tub a week hahahaha /... thanks for the infos ... will you let me know how the chol goes Graham?

... koff hakk ...

oh and my arm is still throbbing from that flu jab = but that's just because I am a giant wuss with a terribly low pain threshhold!!

best, Jemxxx

Jem

Dislikes
I'm not a massive fan of pro-biotic drinks (I guess it's years of dieting that says "wasted calories" for every thing I consume and don't enjoy) - do the spreads and soft cheeses in the various chol-lowering brands have a similar effect, or is the best benefit to be found in yakky milky drinks? I'd actually rather have my soy smoothie in the morning!!!! and that tastes like yak mlk ... lol

graham64

Dislikes
Its not really a pro-biotic, its a fruit and soya drink only 65.5g and tastes quite pleasant not "Yakky" at all. Give it a try you might enjoy it :D :D :D

Cheers Graham

Jem said:
I'm not a massive fan of pro-biotic drinks (I guess it's years of dieting that says "wasted calories" for every thing I consume and don't enjoy) - do the spreads and soft cheeses in the various chol-lowering brands have a similar effect, or is the best benefit to be found in yakky milky drinks? I'd actually rather have my soy smoothie in the morning!!!! and that tastes like yak mlk ... lol

Jem

Dislikes
gimme the calorie load dude! and I shall give it a try :)

*smiles sweetly*

graham64

Dislikes
Just 30 cals :eek: :eek: :eek: and you only need 1 bottle a day. I'm on a high fat diet so it will be very interesting to see what it does to my chol, will let you know when I get results.

Graham

Jem said:
gimme the calorie load dude! and I shall give it a try :)

*smiles sweetly*

Jem

Dislikes
oh yeah ... soya based AND only 30 calories ... sign me up!

erm ... what's it called again?

this damned diabetes gives me a bad short term attention span

now ...

what were we talking about?

graham64

Dislikes
Forgot :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jem said:
oh yeah ... soya based AND only 30 calories ... sign me up!

erm ... what's it called again?

this damned diabetes gives me a bad short term attention span

now ...

what were we talking about?

Jem

Dislikes
*poke*

no really, I wanna know what this miracle thingy is ;)

graham64

Dislikes
Ok, its Benecol Dairy Free drink (proven to reduce cholesterol) It comes in packs of 6 small bottles and can be usually found on the shelves with the pro-biotics. The last ones I got even have a 35p off coupon inside. Have a look on the Benecol website for more info.
I hope that answers your question if not Tough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bye for now
Graham

Jem said:
*poke*

no really, I wanna know what this miracle thingy is ;)

Jem

Dislikes
thanks ... graciously informed! - will check it out tomorrow at tesco :)

have a good night!

J/x

graham64

Dislikes
Forgot to mention If you get more than one pack check the use by date. Last time there was an offer on at asda I bought 4 packs ended up throwing 1 away :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well thats it for now, to much typing has reminded me about my CTS.

Goodnight Jem

Jem said:
thanks ... graciously informed! - will check it out tomorrow at tesco :)

have a good night!

J/x

Jem

Dislikes
I will certainly do that - thanks for the warning - do not feel you must reply as wrist is painful - go and rest :) ... on a pillow on your lap whilst watching tv - with a warm flannel is one of my favourites for relieving the CTS ///

Will report back with benecol-ness asap :) and it's score on my yakk-o-meter (ie, how much like rancid yakk's milk it tastes on a scale of 1-10 - 1 being heavenly taste of illicit chocolate 10 being like the fudge I made last week ouit of soya protein isolate blargh barf urgh!)

:)

cheers again for all the help - goodnight GRaham :)

J/x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I like the strawberry one ,the original may taste OK to you but I don't like the aftertaste of cream.