Online results

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are in England, your surgery will be able to tell you if it puts test results on line. Not all surgeries do, although they were supposed to do this before May 2016. If your surgery does this, they will tell you how to register for this. For me, I was given a consent form to sign and had to provide some ID. I was then given a special code. This consent form then went off to the GP who authorised it. A day or two later I could access everything.
I tried this this morning. I said I wanted to have access to my blood results online. Person on reception had to consult collegue. Came back to tell me that not all the results are available, so I might as well just ring up. Of course, I probably wouldn't be able to get through on the phone. Then I said, well I did request it online. Well that can take up to 28 days, when did I request it? I said, about six months ago. Then they produced a form to fill in. Then they decided the form wasn't necessary and if I had photo id they could arrange it. So now I'm waiting to see what happens. I think it was clear though that they weren't keen to give people access.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried this this morning. I said I wanted to have access to my blood results online. Person on reception had to consult collegue. Came back to tell me that not all the results are available, so I might as well just ring up. Of course, I probably wouldn't be able to get through on the phone. Then I said, well I did request it online. Well that can take up to 28 days, when did I request it? I said, about six months ago. Then they produced a form to fill in. Then they decided the form wasn't necessary and if I had photo id they could arrange it. So now I'm waiting to see what happens. I think it was clear though that they weren't keen to give people access.

Just persevere. If they asked you for photo ID they are setting it all in motion. The consent form you filled in will go to a GP to authorise. There will only be a problem with that if the GP thinks you are an unsuitable candidate because you may have a nervous breakdown or worse if you are allowed to see your results. Once authorised you will be given a code and temporary password, and hey presto, your results will be on-line. Hopefully these will go back several years so you can have fun looking at them.

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just persevere. If they asked you for photo ID they are setting it all in motion. The consent form you filled in will go to a GP to authorise. There will only be a problem with that if the GP thinks you are an unsuitable candidate because you may have a nervous breakdown or worse if you are allowed to see your results. Once authorised you will be given a code and temporary password, and hey presto, your results will be on-line. Hopefully these will go back several years so you can have fun looking at them.
Okay good. I'll leave it a while and chase it up if I need to. Thanks.

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It can work, I had blood tests this morning, I was viewing my results by 7pm this evening. If you're not getting anywhere with the reception staff I would write to the practice manager who should sort it out.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It can work, I had blood tests this morning, I was viewing my results by 7pm this evening. If you're not getting anywhere with the reception staff I would write to the practice manager who should sort it out.
I will if there's any problem.

Reactions: Prem51