Oomi noodles

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just found some low carb noodles in the stir fry section at tesco. They are made of fish protein and somehow I don't fancy that. Has anyone tried them? Are they fishy?

JRF

I have just found some low carb noodles in the stir fry section at tesco. They are made of fish protein and somehow I don't fancy that. Has anyone tried them? Are they fishy?
I prefer the rice to the noodles. They do smell a bit fishy but it goes away when you rinse them in water prior to cooking. Tastes just like normal rice. I get them from Morrisons - bare naked rice and bare naked noodles.
Jean

Reactions: HelenHak and Fi2000

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just had the oomi noodles in a spicy soy based sauce with prawns and veg and they were fine. I enjoyed my first noodles since diagnosis last year.

Reactions: Ultramum

vekay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried it and its actually not fishy at all when you have it stir fried along with other veggies and soya sauce.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just had some for lunch - yummy. If you get the chance, keep an eye open for 'em in Holland & Barrett - sometimes they are on the second item for a penny offer. That's when I stock up on them.