Our Journeys

Lel

Thanks Catherine :D

That's why I love this forum, everyone just 'gets' what you're on about :lol:

EricD

Dislikes
Bullies and sockpuppets. Not being able to eat I want.
Lel, accepting the disease and making the decision to take control is a big achievement on its own.

Aziz, welcome to the forum and hope to read your success story soon.

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
Gosh, I feel so inspired reading your stories!

I was diagnosed in late Jan 2009 with a fasting BG of 17.9 and postprandial BG in the 20s. With big diet changes and 3x500 Metformin I'm now down to between 4.4 and 7.1 morning BG. I've lost over a stone in weight, and the BG is mostly 5 point something during the day. I had an Hba1c of 10.7 on diagnosis, 9.4 five weeks later and am hoping for a sub 7 in 3 weeks time when I get tested next. My long term aim is to join the 5% club though!

I'm one of the lucky ones, as my GP is happy to prescribe as many strips as I need. Good thing too, as measuring BG makes me feel like I'm in control!

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Benniesmum,

That's tremendous progress and I am sure that many will be just as inspired by your success.

You mentioned big diet changes. Was that based on carb reduction or low GI?

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
Thanks Dennis!

I've mostly switched to a low GI 'Healthy' diet. I've tried low carb before with Atkins, and although I lost weight I felt terrible! Having said that, my diet is now much lower in carbs. Cutting down on potatoes, rice and bread will do that. I mostly eat Burgen bread which, fortunately, I quite like.

I miss my Cheerios though.

Proffesor Q8I

You guys won't believe what happened to me last week. I felt a little bit dizzy after my field trip to Failaka Island, and it seemed that i'm at risk of having diabets :shock:

Proffesor Q8I

Althougth its a little bit early to tell you the real reason i logged into this forum, im going to tell you. The reason I registered into this forum is that my sister needs help. You see, my big sister has diabetes of Type 1. I did'nt really knew what to do about this disease until I went into this amazing forum by which I share stories about diabetes. I hope we get to know each other more.

Proffesor Q8I

Hey fellas, I heard from a secret source that there is a secret drug sold in the Black Markets that maintains blood sugar or glucose. Can you beliieve that???!!! :shock:

Proffesor Q8I

Yellllo, do you remember the drug story that I spoke to you about. Its real. A rumor says that the WWE Superstar Big Daddy V bought some of these drugs at secret to keep wrestling.

Proffesor Q8I

Hey guys, have you heard about a blood testing device that works in lasers. Thats right, a student at Cambridge College says that he can use simple laser machines but other complex devices to invent this device at the year 2021. Isnt that cool :D

Proffesor Q8I

Hi again, sorry for filling you with new stories minute after minute :mrgreen: but this is one of my strangest stories. Last year, I was at Cleveland, Ohio, staying at my uncle's house. Suddenly, my big sister felt really dizzy and I remember she fainted. When she gose out, she always bring her injections with her. Yet this time, she forgot it at her house. SHE WOKE UP AT THE HOSPITAL. :shock:

lionrampant

Dude... you're kinda all over the place there. Let's start with your sister - cool that you want to help her. There's lots of different sub sections on the site you can get specific info in so have a poke around.

Proffesor Q8I said:
Yellllo, do you remember the drug story that I spoke to you about. Its real. A rumor says that the WWE Superstar Big Daddy V bought some of these drugs at secret to keep wrestling.

A cursory google search reveals he was dumped for being a general health risk. i.e. too god damned pudgy to be a wrestler. Even fake wrestling requires a low BMI eh?