Our new addition!!!!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
They are both fine when walking, not like a pack yet. But they are getting on. Here is the latest photo of them. image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I could have done with them on my power walk today! Lol! They are beautiful!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you Scandichic, walk's anything from an hour to 2 hours and lots of stopping and starting:rolleyes:

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Every lamp post...

I wish it was every lamp post :), it's everyone stopping us and going lovely dogs are they snow dogs and kids wanting to stroke them. These 2 love kids even when they rub their fur the wrong way. Walking back home on a Monday first full day of having Niko, I walked Skye back home hubby(Gary) walked Niko, last road to cross from our house both Skye and Niko were waiting to cross and a guy in a van going by us, leans out the window and shouts lovely dogs, I just said back thanks with a huge grin:).

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grin. Yeah, we have the same problem, but in a different way - we have the most dinky shih tzu in the known universe. The little beast should have come with some kind of Unbearable Cuteness Warning.

We have random strangers asking if they can take photos. Must have happened 20 times now.
And teenage girls have screamed and flung themselves through traffic to meet him.
We walk down the street to random squeals of 'ooooh! I want one!'
Last time I went to have a haircut, the woman ticked me off for not bringing 'that gorgeous dog of yours'
Oh, and a man once opened his wallet and offered to buy him on the spot.
Even the trainer at the puppy class goes gaga over him - and she only likes big dogs (she says)
image.jpg
And it will never end, either.
He is fully grown now, but still looks like a 4 month puppy. Half the size of a normal shih tzu, and the same size as the average teddy bear.

Not that we would change him -but it was a little unexpected.
I have become merely the insignificant entourage to the local A lister.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Problem is with something other than a "bog standard" dog albeit a puppy or an unusual colour, eveything takes many times as long as:
1) everyone wants to pet it/ talk about it,:) and
2) the dog knows it and laps up the attention:facepalm:

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm really enjoying this thread! Unfortunately I don't have a dog to add to it (I don't have enough free time for dog walks etc) so I just have two cats.

However I love dogs and am really liking all the dog pictures so thanks for sharing.

And yes ... I would be one of those people in the street saying "awwww look at that dog" and trying to pet them! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
image.jpg Awww Nigel, typical husky pose. We wondered how well Niko would get on with Skye, because after his first set of jabs he got attacked by 2 Rottweilers in the park, which made him very wary of other dogs, but he came in sniffed and then sat upstairs in front of the kids bedroom doors. We introduced him to Skye and let him take his time. And within in a couple of days they were playing. But when we first took him to the park a couple of dogs came running over to him, and he hid behind Gary, but now he's getting braver and not hiding. We've had the husky curl from him now and we get that same pose when he get's his tummy rubbed and when you find his ticklish spot his back paw goes. That's one of the reason's for owing dogs like this Fergus, they like the attention and they are very well behaved around kids. Niko likes to play tug of war with one of his chew toys. Now with us he pulls a lot harder and shakes his head more, but with Rhea he plays a lot,lot softer.

Last edited by a moderator:

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Lovely Dogs, I have had dogs most of my life, :D and until last year I used to dog sit for people but well at the time I was having problems with stairs
so yes I gave it up, but I still go to one set of friend they have a Yorky, he loves cocking his leg up on me.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
We've just got back in from walking Skye & Niko, and halfway up the road, we had to change over as Skye was pulling me and Niko was pulling Gary. When we changed over Niko, pretty much walked to heel and had no problems with other dogs and Skye walked to heel pretty much for Gary. :)