Out with Forxiga (dapagliflozin) in with Sitagliptin!

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forxiga did wonders for lowering my BG from usually in 13s to 5s and 6s within a matter of days, I was ecstatic and all was well for the first 2 weeks then I got a thrush infection. No matter, I thought, they warned me this was a common side effect and the GP said just ring for medication to stop that. But unfortunately a week later it reared it ugly head again……and again…….and again. Even though I was eating less that 20g of carbs a day. This has been making me miserable, understandably.
I stopped taking the Forxiga last Saturday and BG started keeping up again. Contacted GP yesterday so now I’m on Sitagliptin. The common side effect is headaches. NHS guidelines say if you get a headache which lasts more that a week, rest, drink plenty of water and take painkillers. Wait a week! I’ll be taking painkiller after 2-3 hours if I get a headache! :rolleyes: So let’s see how we go. Anyone else taking this?

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forxiga did wonders for lowering my BG from usually in 13s to 5s and 6s within a matter of days, I was ecstatic and all was well for the first 2 weeks then I got a thrush infection. No matter, I thought, they warned me this was a common side effect and the GP said just ring for medication to stop that. But unfortunately a week later it reared it ugly head again……and again…….and again. Even though I was eating less that 20g of carbs a day. This has been making me miserable, understandably.
I stopped taking the Forxiga last Saturday and BG started keeping up again. Contacted GP yesterday so now I’m on Sitagliptin. The common side effect is headaches. NHS guidelines say if you get a headache which lasts more that a week, rest, drink plenty of water and take painkillers. Wait a week! I’ll be taking painkiller after 2-3 hours if I get a headache! :rolleyes: So let’s see how we go. Anyone else taking this?

Hi A newbie here. I’m also on Sitagliptin (100mgs) & Gliclazide (40mg) & yes dreadful headaches. The pharmacy suggested taking paracetamol (500mg sometimes x2) with my tablets (all with breakfast for me) which definitely helps. I didn’t yesterday & really suffered. Drinking plenty of water as well (which I always do) but making sure I have a glass of water when I get up. I’m also on B12 1000mg as my hair has started to fall out. Hope you sort it out - the headaches & fuzzy brain are awful.

Reactions: MissMuffett

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi A newbie here. I’m also on Sitagliptin (100mgs) & Gliclazide (40mg) & yes dreadful headaches. The pharmacy suggested taking paracetamol (500mg sometimes x2) with my tablets (all with breakfast for me) which definitely helps. I didn’t yesterday & really suffered. Drinking plenty of water as well (which I always do) but making sure I have a glass of water when I get up. I’m also on B12 1000mg as my hair has started to fall out. Hope you sort it out - the headaches & fuzzy brain are awful.
I didn’t get any headaches after all but I’ve also started the Forxiga again. Touch wood and fingers crossed all is good so far. I found out from my GP my fuzzy brain and headaches (as well as 6 other symptom) was due to very low folate so I have to take a supplement and things are improving slowly.
I hope all goes well for you ;)

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn’t get any headaches after all but I’ve also started the Forxiga again. Touch wood and fingers crossed all is good so far. I found out from my GP my fuzzy brain and headaches (as well as 6 other symptom) was due to very low folate so I have to take a supplement and things are improving slowly.
I hope all goes well for you ;)

Ah hope it keeps going well for you. Those B vitamins! I’ve had a series of injections a few times in the past - maybe time again? iI was blaming the tablets but could be B9 or B6… so complex!

• Hug
Reactions: MissMuffett