Overwhelmed thanks to Dr Google

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wanted to say thank you for everyone for sharing your experiences and advice. Glucose monitor is on the list for next week when I can afford it.

Still struggling with the food but I know that’s a mental problem. All I want is a chip butty! I know the advice above about changing bit by bit is the best but I can’t help feel guilty and want to go as low carb as possible straight away. Which in turn is making me not want to eat which makes it all worse! I know this will pass but it’s so hard pushing through.

I got my Tee2 meter free from spirit healthcare when I rang them. They know you’ll have to buy the testing strips from them so are usually happy to supply the meter without charge. It’s certainly worth a phone call.
Good luck, and as the others have said, don’t panic, it’ll be fine. I’m sure like many of us, you’ll begin to enjoy and thrive on lchf.
I find DietDoctor.com a great resource for recipes and information on blood sugar and related health problems. ( lots of veggie options in there too)

lenj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there. I was in this boat when first diagnosed, 'till our wonderful diabetic nurse actually explaned it all, and pointed me in the direction of cook books by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi. I now have 5 of them, and they are my go to. Within 12 months, not only had I dropped another stone in weight,(now 9st 5lbs, something I've not been since I left school just over 50 years ago!) But I'm now classed as not even Pre-diabetic. I floated out the doctors when I was told that. I can't recommend the books enough. Everything is explained in there, and the recipes are delicious. Well worth every penny. Hope this helps.

Dippers83

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got my Tee2 meter free from spirit healthcare when I rang them. They know you’ll have to buy the testing strips from them so are usually happy to supply the meter without charge. It’s certainly worth a phone call.
Good luck, and as the others have said, don’t panic, it’ll be fine. I’m sure like many of us, you’ll begin to enjoy and thrive on lchf.
I find DietDoctor.com a great resource for recipes and information on blood sugar and related health problems. ( lots of veggie options in there too)

Useful tip! Thank you I may try that.

• Agree
Reactions: DJC3 and Antje77