Pack it in!

Do you remember to take everything with you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lisa69free

After seeing on another forum these cooler packs that look like pencil cases to hold all your insulin, needles, BG monitor and strips. It got me thinking, what do you all use when you go out? I bought a bum bag matching purse from Primark for £6.99 and I can fit both pens, BG monitor kit and a log book to write readings down and what I've eaten plus hypo sweets.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_202449-picsay.jpg
    IMG_20210720_202449-picsay.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 82

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After seeing on another forum these cooler packs that look like pencil cases to hold all your insulin, needles, BG monitor and strips. It got me thinking, what do you all use when you go out? I bought a bum bag matching purse from Primark for £6.99 and I can fit both pens, BG monitor kit and a log book to write readings down and what I've eaten plus hypo sweets.

Hi,

I have a "day pack." Actually, it's a 20 year old laptop backpack with a webbing front pocket..
It been about all over with me on the travels?
Throw my meter in there with some spare needles too. & the obliglatory hypo treatment.

I log my readings with an app on my phone.? My phone also monitors my BG sensor.

What I do use in this heat & on holidays in the hot weather is a Frio wallet to keep my insulin from spoiling?
I have a single one to fit my pen if I'm out. Work & wot not.. Just soak it in water & as it evaporates the insulin is kept cool.
Hence why the webbing pocket on the back is handy. aids the evaporation process on the Frio wallet..

Lisa69free

Hi,

I have a "day pack." Actually, it's a 20 year old laptop backpack with a webbing front pocket..
It been about all over with me on the travels?
Throw my meter in there with some spare needles too. & the obliglatory hypo treatment.

I log my readings with an app on my phone.? My phone also monitors my BG sensor.

What I do use in this heat & on holidays in the hot weather is a Frio wallet to keep my insulin from spoiling?
I have a single one to fit my pen if I'm out. Work & wot not.. Just soak it in water & as it evaporates the insulin is kept cool.
Hence why the webbing pocket on the back is handy. aids the evaporation process on the Frio wallet..
Can I see your Frio wallet please?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I see your Frio wallet please?

Oh, go on then..
I got 2. Different sizes.
The black one is "charged" (soaked) for my Novopen.
You only soak then pat dry with a towel the inner wallet.

image.jpeg

Reactions: EllieM

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just chuck what I need in my handbag. I don't use pens though and I err.. don't write anything down :bag:
I'm always a bit dubious of cool bag type things for putting test strips and monitors in, yeah you don't want them getting too hot but they can get damp or wet.
I use frio wallets when I go away.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not chilling my insulin apart from the ones I haven't started using yet. Should I be?

The Fio's keep the insulin in use at an ambient temp below the cooking they would get in direct sunlight with these current heatwave temps.
My pen is cruising about happily thinking it April? ;)

Reactions: Glucobabu