Packaging

R.Thorn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi there

Can I just ask does anyone use the leftover test strip packaging (the little plastic tub) for anything or do you just recycle it ?

Last edited:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
hi there

Can I just ask does anyone use the leftover test strip packaging (the little plastic tub) for anything or do you just recycle it ?

I have one to put used strips in when out and about. Tried putting coins in them to keep the car tidier - that didn't last long.

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Did someone on here ask for the little green needle caps for an art project?

My mum keeps sweeteners in her test strip containers for when she's out, I don't use them for anything though I wish I could.
I do notice there's a vast amount of packaging on prescription items, maybe there's a project in there..cost savings and all that? The big supermarkets have whole departments managing their packaging x

Reactions: beth cordoba

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
When I used those kind of test strips (accuchek mobile now) I used to keep the pots to put saved seeds in, still got a few, recycling and repurposing rocks.

Reactions: urbanracer
D

Deleted member 308541

I use one to scoop a mix of whole mixed pepper and chilli flakes into the pepper grinder.

SXHAfGD.jpg

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
hi there

My Nexus ones take about £12 of pound coins (useful during the pound coin changeover), also useful for collecting used hearing aid batteries before tipping them into the hospital battery recycling bin.