Type 2 Pain in fingers ?? Neuropathy??

devans

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not getting access tot he Diabetes Co Uk Cookbooks
About 12 months ago I was diagnosed with Charcot in my left foot. Now I am experiencing the same type of pain in the fourth and little finger of both hands. Had hands x rayed for possible breaks and given the all clear for that, but no further action by my GP. I am so frustrated at the lack of support and the failure of my GP to explore this further. Has anyone else experienced this?? I have been told it is possible to get charcot in your fingers

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @devans, Not as professional advice or opinion: At the very least I assume you were examined for sensation, with either the cruel needle or the tip of a thickish piece of fishing line and had a tuning fork test (you are asked to close your eyes and to say if and when you feel the vibration of the tuning fork placed on your wrist etc) plus a check that you can feel hot and cold in those fingers? Xrays tell one nothing about those things as far as I can see.
And one would expect a review of your diabetes to see whether BSLs and HBA1C are OK and if not, what to do about it.
Perhaps a re-visit or a second opinion??
Best Wishes. :):):)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Sorry to hear about your situation.
I have just looked up on Google to see exactly what charcoal foot was. I never realised it affected the bones.
Until I did look, I always had vision of people with charcoal feet had a bad case of athletes foot/infections between toes.
It just goes to show how wrong I was