Type 2 Pain

DMSCOT

Hi Just wondering if anyone else suffers from constant headaches and pain behind eyes since being on Metformin and Gliclazide.
The headaches feel like tension headache, like someone is gripping the back of my neck and head and is constant. The pain at the back of eyes in the middle at top of nose, I have been taking painkillers co-codamol but not really helping. Just wondering if it's anything to do with the tablets ? Thanks .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Just wondering if anyone else suffers from constant headaches and pain behind eyes since being on Metformin and Gliclazide.
The headaches feel like tension headache, like someone is gripping the back of my neck and head and is constant. The pain at the back of eyes in the middle at top of nose, I have been taking painkillers co-codamol but not really helping. Just wondering if it's anything to do with the tablets ? Thanks .

Hello there DMScott. I've never taken an diabetes meds, so have no wisdom to offer on that front, but is your taking cocodamol on your Doctor's suggestion? If not,have you spoken to him about these headaches?

How is your blood pressure?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is by no means by way of diagnosis but I would be thinking sinusitis and also looking to have an eye test.
Cocodamol taken for more than three days without satisfactory resolutions signals an appointment with your GP. Hope you feel better soon.

DMSCOT

Hello there DMScott. I've never taken an diabetes meds, so have no wisdom to offer on that front, but is your taking cocodamol on your Doctor's suggestion? If not,have you spoken to him about these headaches?

How is your blood pressure?
Thanks for your reply, I get co-codamol for back pain and I tend to use them for most pains that I get. I was thinking of seeing my Doc , thought I would just ask before I go in case others had the same problem .

DMSCOT

This is by no means by way of diagnosis but I would be thinking sinusitis and also looking to have an eye test.
Cocodamol taken for more than three days without satisfactory resolutions signals an appointment with your GP. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Guzzler, I do suffer from sinusitis at times but it does not feel like it at the moment , I did have a retinal eye test and they said my eyes were fine , my optician said it was difficult to test my eyes and give me glasses at the moment as my diabetes was not stable yet, my eyesight is fuzzy at the moment and can change from day to day . Will likely see my doc .

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thanks Guzzler, I do suffer from sinusitis at times but it does not feel like it at the moment , I did have a retinal eye test and they said my eyes were fine , my optician said it was difficult to test my eyes and give me glasses at the moment as my diabetes was not stable yet, my eyesight is fuzzy at the moment and can change from day to day . Will likely see my doc .

Good luck.