Painful lantus injection

shola123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I'm a type 1 diabetic and take lantus solo star glargine at night time in my leg and I am finding it really painful!
The pain lasts hours and was just wondering if anyone else has this?

I usually inject my fast acting into my arms and cannot inject on my stomach due to ther health issues!

Thanks!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Are you injecting quite cold, straight out of the fridge.? Lantus can smart like this..

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
so sorry you're having pain :( I use lantus as well but I inject in my stomach. I'm not keen to try my legs as one of my legs has postherptic neuralgia in it and I don't want to be screaming as my nerves are already fired up. I understand why you'd want to avoid your stomach. I do get stinging with lantus sometimes, but usually I'm ok. I hope you can get the painful injection to stop. Maybe try your arms or thighs?

AmyLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I'm a type 1 diabetic and take lantus solo star glargine at night time in my leg and I am finding it really painful!
The pain lasts hours and was just wondering if anyone else has this?

I usually inject my fast acting into my arms and cannot inject on my stomach due to ther health issues!

Thanks!

Hey! I had this problem for MONTHS almost a year.. I was told that lantus is known to sting but I've changed my needle from glucorx finepoint 4mm needles to my everyday little blue novotwist 5mm needles! I didn't think it would work as the needle is longer but it has and it's pretty much pain free now! Give it a go!
ALSO, I inject in my bum cheek, I do not like injecting lantus into my stomach anyway. I used to inject it into my leg but it always bruised really bad. More to the top towards my love handles (lol) if you do it on your fleshy butt area it will hurt to sit:facepalm: