1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Painful Tingling Toes

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by imintroublenow, Jul 29, 2018.

1. imintroublenow

imintroublenow Type 2 · Member

I have been a type2 diabetic for around 15 years now. My doctor was pleased with the way my blood sugars were lowered last time to just about diabetic levels. My question is that I have been getting increasing painful sessions in my toes, partculaly on the left foot. The best way i can explain it, is that it feels as if someone has stamped on my toes. Now its enough to wake me up at night. If i squeeze and massage the toes, it does help some, but they are getting more regular now, and I am watching my intake of food, and eat fresh cooked food daily.I noticed that my morning readings have increased to around 7 from 5 in the morning, and I havnt done anything g different. Any ideas please, as im almost tempted to ask my doctor for some pain killing medication, its getting that bad.

2. DavidGrahamJones

DavidGrahamJones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Diabetic neuropathy is just one of the possible causes. It could also be Vitamin B deficiency, kidney problems, infections, side effects of some medication, pinched nerve, or even exposure to certain toxins.
    As always, the best thing to do is see a doctor, pain medication may not necessarily be the answer, but at least with pain killers you can try something over the counter first. Always best to see GP though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TTTE

TTTE Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've been getting the same feelings. Ranging from a feeling like I've been wearing socks that are far too tight upto a feeling like someone is sticking a needle into my foot. Likewise it has on occasions woken me up. I waiting to see the doctor about a diabetes related matter and will bring this up with him

• Like Like x 1
  4. imintroublenow

imintroublenow Type 2 · Member

Could you let me know what your Doctor thinks.Thanks.

5. TTTE

TTTE Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Saw the Diabetic Nurse todsy and raised the issue about my feet. She tells me that when the body tries to dump surplus sugar through the body this action annoys the body's nervous system. The feet are particularly sensitive to this hence they react more than any other part of the body
    Hope this helps

6. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I suggest you to both get your circulation checked out.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook