Paint on my hamster!

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
OMG, just too cute, he is adorable, just like Dory and Dizzy. My grown up daughter used to have hamsters when she was a teenager, Nibbles, Fudge and Teddy Bear <3

Lol. What FAB names for a hamster. Bumpy boy got his name because the first time I held him, he was a bit scitterish and ran up my arm, flew off my shoulder onto the floor and lay there with his paws in the air. I thought I'd killed him! Bent down to pick him up just as he raised himself from the dead, scampering off under my kitchen unit. Getting him back out & into his cage was like a James Bond plot. Lol. So, "Monty" became Bumpy Boy after his shoulder dive. Seemed to suit him better. X

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I'd love a hamster........but so would my cats!

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
We've had gerbils (didn't get the Black Death from them ;)) guinea pigs and rats in the past, but never a hamster apart from one my daughter looked after in the school holidays one time. I didn't realise until later that his space station playground didn't have a bottom in some places and the little bu$$er had left a neat circular hole in the carpet where one of the cylinders was. Fortunately I had an offcut somewhere and was able to cut and bed in a replacement piece.

Reactions: 3 people

ChrisQuinn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rub vegetable oil into the paint - this will loosen it, and is non toxic. It can then be washed off with soapy water. It also works on your hands and is much kinder than white spirit.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am deeply ashamed to admit that both dogs now have wood varnish on their fur.

Admitting this on the forum is part of my penance. :sorry:
There is no excuse. But the little pests did everything they possibly could to achieve their goal (a slightly spiky brown tipped look).

Reactions: 4 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am deeply ashamed to admit that both dogs now have wood varnish on their fur.

Admitting this on the forum is part of my penance. :sorry:
There is no excuse. But the little pests did everything they possibly could to achieve their goal (a slightly spiky brown tipped look).
They'll blend in better with the house now then.:D

Reactions: 2 people