1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Palmdoc meter battery runs out quickly

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by RosieLKH, Nov 25, 2017.

1. RosieLKH

RosieLKH Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm using a Palmdoc meter provided by my DN, who also prescribes me 50 test strips a month, so I have stuck with her meter. However, it seems to eating batteries. Does anyone else use this meter? How long do your batteries last? I seem to be changing mine weekly and am wondering if it's somehow short circuiting. I'm sure it never used to be this bad.

2. paulus1

paulus1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Consumables
    Warranty holders can order their free consumables such as log books, replacement batteries, control solution, lancing devices and data cables by calling us on 0800 994 9995 or using our contact form

3. RosieLKH

Thanks for your reply, paulus, but not sure how it's useful to me! I know where to buy batteries, I am just wondering if changing them so often is normal.

4. paulus1

paulus1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

you should not need to change batteries so often call there number and ask them they may send you a new one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RosieLKH

Just as a follow-up to this, I have contacted the Palmdoc company and they are sending me a new meter free of charge.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook