Pancreas+ Support Spray

hopeful

Hello everybody, I am posting for the first time as the father of a newly diagnosed 11 year old boy. He has type 1 and naturally my wife and I are very concerned for him.

As is the way these days I dived straight into google and fairly quickly found a product called Pancreas+ Support Spray which claims to help to normalise the blood sugar levels and may stimulate natural production of insulin.

It contains something called Gymnema Sylvestra which according to the site is The Only Substance Scientifically Shown to Regenerate Pancreatic B-Cells and also Vanadyl Sulfate amongst other ingredients.

Does anybody have any experience of this as I am very wary of raising any false hopes

Thanks

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hello Hopeful and welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of very helpful information and advice for type 1 diabetes here, but I'm afraid a recommendation for Gymnema Sylvestre is not among them. This is a plant that has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to treat type 2 diabetes. There has been only one internationally recognised research into its effectiveness as a diabetes treatment and this found that whilst it can help to repair damaged beta cells, it cannot regenerate dead cells, nor can it create new cells. It is therefore of very little help to a type 1 other than its ability to help injected insulin to enter cells in order to metabolise blood glucose. If you want the technical details this is a link to a summary of the research
http://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/0 ... 010dp1.htm

Vanadyl Sulphate is a brand name for vanadium sulfate, which is known to help insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetics, but has no beneficial effect on type 1s.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news and I do appreciate that you will want to do everything you can to help your son, but I am afraid that there is no miracle cure for Type 1 diabetes. If you search the internet for cures, you will find loads advertised, all of them making totally unsubstantiated claims for their miracle treatment. Many people have said "there ought to be a law against it" but unfortunately the internet has no national boundaries so unscrupulous peddlers of snake oil products (like Pancreas+Support Spray) can and do tell complete lies about their products with no comeback against them.

hopeful

Hi Dennis,

Thanks very much for the info, I must admit to feeling sceptical as I read it having been bombarded over the last week with information about the lack of cure but just wondered.

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Before you look for miracles check

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1104921

From the first abstract, and there are many onward links he seems to be serial scammer:

About Robert O Young...

"In 1996, under a plea bargain, Young pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of attempted practice of medicine without a license and was promised that the charge would be dismissed if he stayed out of trouble for 18 months. Young claimed that he had looked at blood samples from two women and simply gave them nutritional advice [9]. The blood test he advocates (live-cell analysis) has no scientific validity [10]. Young's "credentials" include doctoral degrees in nutrition, science, and naturopathy from the American Holistic College of Nutrition. His Web site claims that he "has been widely recognized as one of the top research scientists in the world," and his book states that he "has gained national recognition for his research into diabetes, cancer, leukemia, and AIDS." Yet he, too, has had nothing published in a recognized scientific journal."

Jenny

heres a bit more:

"Robert Young is a proponent of the alkaline diet. He claims that health depends primarily on proper balance between an alkaline and acid environment in the human body; according to this theory, when the blood becomes too acidic, the body will take whatever action necessary to regulate the acid-alkaline balance of the blood. According to Young, in this environment the body will begin to break down and show signs of disease including cancer, obesity, osteoporosis, yeast overgrowth, flu, skin disorders, etc.[4] The claims underlying alkaline diets like Young's are believed to be medically implausible, and there is no scientific evidence that such diets are beneficial.[5] According to the National Council Against Health Fraud, a 2005 MEDLINE search indicated that Young had not published any research in recognized scientific journals, and that none of his graduate degrees was from an accredited educational institution.[6]

Young offers a course in which he trains people to perform live blood analysis.[1] According to the Health and Human Services Office and Quackwatch, live blood analysis is an unestablished test with no scientific validity.[7][8]"