PANCREATIC CANCER SURVIVOR

Sheil

Hi, I am a 15 year survivor of Pancreatic Cancer I have been diabetic type 2, I am unaware to when I became a diabetic I had really bad hypos and highes, I take insulin Lantus and Nova Rapid, I was on tablets for my diabeties, I also have to take Creon a pancreatic enzyme with every meal.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Sheil and welcome to the forum :) I think some members might be interested to hear a little more about your difficult experience and how you are looking after yourself now if you would like to tell us some day when you feel like it.

Here is some information which we give to new members (although I know you are not newly diagnosed), but you should continue to follow the diet recommendations you have been given already if different from these. I hope the other information is interesting and useful to you. Ask as many questions you like here as someone is usually able and pleased to help.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

Quinkes

I have just come across your post. I too am a survivor of Pancreatic Cancer, 23 years ago. I have never spoken to another person who 'made it'. I too take basal insulin, but also take metformin. I am now having some of the classic side effects of Diabetes. Eye sight failing, problems with circulation etc etc, but really a lot down to not looking after my self when younger. I hope you are well, all the best, Mandi :wave: