Paranoid in last week

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi all, this is last week in my 2nd pregnancy. I’m 37+3 and am having a c section on Thursday. I’ve had a few episodes of reduced movements, where I’ve gone in to be monitored etc. Sugars are not going low but SEEM to be a lot easier to control, this may just be down to my endo adjusting carb ratios last Tuesday. I’m feeling really paranoid about everything that I’ve already mentioned and just worrying about baby in general, as you do in pregnancy anyway. I’m so greatful to have gotten to term, but I just want this baby out now, just to know that she is okay. Do you think it is okay to ask to be brought forward a few days? Or is it absolutely best for baby to stay in till Thursday.
Thanks in advance and please no judgement, I only want what’s best for baby, but I’m worried that maybe I’m being palmed off by doctors with regards to the reduced movements, although last few days I believe movements have been pretty much back to normal pattern.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @myarnton1, I would think anyone in your situation would be anxious and wanting everything over and done with!!
Keeping talking with your doctor and nurses on the obstetric side of things. This is their area of expertise.
Best Wishes for Thursday or whenever it happens !! :):):)
And make sure your husband has done his nappy changing course and has not forgotten it !!

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @kitedoc thanks for your reply and for being so reassuring. I will do, I keep going to the maternity ward whenever I’m experiencing reduced movements so that I can be monitored and also so they can see how many times it’s happening. I know it’s only a few days but I can’t help but think anything can happen by then and also I hear these stories of people being palmed off a bit by doctors and then find out that their placenta was starting to deteriorate. I’m just feeling out of my depths too as I only got to 36 weeks with my daughter and she was born before I could even think of anything like this lol. Thanks again, you’ve really helped make me feel better. Oh he’s so excited to be a dad again xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
hi all, this is last week in my 2nd pregnancy. I’m 37+3 and am having a c section on Thursday. I’ve had a few episodes of reduced movements, where I’ve gone in to be monitored etc. Sugars are not going low but SEEM to be a lot easier to control, this may just be down to my endo adjusting carb ratios last Tuesday. I’m feeling really paranoid about everything that I’ve already mentioned and just worrying about baby in general, as you do in pregnancy anyway. I’m so greatful to have gotten to term, but I just want this baby out now, just to know that she is okay. Do you think it is okay to ask to be brought forward a few days? Or is it absolutely best for baby to stay in till Thursday.
Thanks in advance and please no judgement, I only want what’s best for baby, but I’m worried that maybe I’m being palmed off by doctors with regards to the reduced movements, although last few days I believe movements have been pretty much back to normal pattern.

Thursday will be here soon, the end of February. It's normal to be anxious about the baby, I was at times, being over 40 years and on my own at that time. But try not to worry to much, I know it's difficult, but take deep breaths in, then relax and count to ten. Good luck and please let us know how you get on, I'm wishing you all the best for a safe delivery and a beautiful healthy baby X
Take care