partner of type 2 diabetic

telboy

dear all, this is my first attempt on your forum, please bare with me. can someone tell me if my partner can also ask questions on here :oops:

cearapeter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello telboy

Sometimes its good to have someone ask the questions one doesn't want (or know) to ask. Everyone is welcome here.

DazG

Welcome Telboy

Im new and still asking questions so ask away, hopefully we will then all learn from each other :D

telboy

thanx for the repllies to my question to the three people who have responded. As I am new to using the forum am still not sure how to reply to individual people. I seem to have so many questions and yet carn,t think of one, its strange? I have been diabetic for over a year now, I take meteformin and glibencazide tablets to try and control it. I also have been put on lipitor for chlorestral, even though it has always been a normal reading. I notice quite a few people are put on these and suffer a lot of pain, with muscles and joints. I would like to know more about this side effect as I am considering to stop using them, after speaking to my doctor of course. Any suggestions greatly accepted, thanx :?

telboy

Can anyone give me some advice. My partner has type 2 and has just had a half hour semi concious sleep. He is up and awake now but for that half hour I was not sure of things to do. I kept a check on his body heat, cold and sweaty, breathing slow, kept calling his name to assure myself that he could respond, the best response was "mmm". His reading was 3.7 twenty minutes before this happened and he tested again and he was 6.7. Did I do the right thing? Any help and info would be really gladly recieved, telboys partner Angel

anniep

There may be somebody along who knows more that me but I would say it is always worth checking things like that out with you doctor

telboy

thanks anniep for your reply, at doctors tomorrow with telboy so will get more advice there, thanx from Angel :D

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm newly diagnosed and my hubbie is looking through the forum as well. To be honest I would be worried if he wasn't :? There is fantastic advice on here so ask away.