Patch for omipod sites

FayeandBenito

Hi

I first went on a pump in 2005 and used it for 4 years. I then had a period of being off it till 2014 and went on omipod and i have just moved to the dash omipod.

For sometime iIve had a lot of problem with keeping the pod on my skin and/or rashes.

I have tried skin tac, another barrier type, I've tried putting plasters on the outside the adhesive and basically anything to keep it down. It has no pattern to falling off sometimes its slow, sometimes fast and sometimes i get up say sitting on the sofa and its fallen off and i didn't know.
I've spoken to; diabetic team, omipod and GP. No one knows why except my skin is sensitive. Water can make it worse but it seems to be pot luck. The only thing I've found work is I have a cgm also they give me an adhesive plaster to keep it down and before applying i put skin tac down. This keeps my CGM down and is brilliant. I've seen in the US you can access these plasters (sorry dont know name) but in the UK you cant from omipod. I have to buy them for 2.69 each. It all adds up as i have to change it every three days I just wondered if anyone had any pointers of places cheaper? or other options im so open to anything. I moved to the Dash just to say as it was the best option from what the NHS offered.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @FayeandBenito - Not sure why that’s happening to you. I use the adhesive patches from Diabetic Supplies which are the same price I think. Normally though they seem to stay on. Hope you manage to find something suitable and reasonably priced.

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Lycra runners armbands to keep the pods on when I have a pod on my arm, vet wrap is ok in that it doesn’t use adhesive but kinesiology tape works well and is cheap from Aldi/ Lidl. Worth a go anyway.