Patient Participation Group Meeting - Soon

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Done.

I discovered our practice was or is one of the last in England to get going with Patient Participation Group sessions. And...it was saturated with elder representation with high focus on the support for the elderly. It wasn’t a complete waste of time and future meetings could well provide an inroad on dealing with T2 diabetes in the community. @Pipp

It was a 2 hour session which commanded a lot of patience. :D

Oh and I am down to 92kg now. BMI 27.4

Edit for further info:

The PPG meeting included a visit by an individual working for the NHS who had been tasked to organise support groups and support for and amongst the patient community. She went through a list of items but ironically did not get as far as Diabetes. Over the page on her list were Desmond courses. Most of the meeting was taken up by elderly represents focussing on elderly care in the community and so Diabetes didn’t get a look in at the meeting that day.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3rd of 3 NHS meetings in a fortnight on friday i.e. the second of two PPG meetings. Hopefully T2 diabetes will be given a higher focus on the agenda than at the first meeting.

Reactions: DianaMC

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have they got around to focussing on T2 diabetes yet, @Listlad? Or maybe they see it as the curse of the young these days!? Or still have the view that the damage has already been done. I wonder if they’re aware of possible reversal through lifestyle changes.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have they got around to focussing on T2 diabetes yet, @Listlad?
@DianaMC

As a spin off from the PPG meeting, a resounding yes.

Just in the last couple of weeks an NHS worker that has been charged with organising self care type support on behalf of the two local surgeries in my region, has been present at the two PPG meetings that I have attended. This has given me a route in on T2 diabetes and reversal. I bombarded her with masses of supporting material and she has now established contact with the forum’s Debandez and her surgery too, both being in relatively neighbouring regions.

Far from it being a waste of time or with limited response, if anything it appears to have been quite the opposite. Getting the GPs and the Practise Managers on board might be crucial now, but things are looking very promising. It seems there has been luck here, having a LCHF friendly GP at our surgery, a T2 Diabetes Champion in an adjacent region and a listening administrator at our local practises. But this has all come about after initiating contact via the PPG here.

I may have mentioned that a similar effort is now being made to hook up with the proactive effort going on up in north east.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSSS

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DianaMC

As a spin off from the PPG meeting, a resounding yes.

Just in the last couple of weeks an NHS worker that has been charged with organising self care type support on behalf of the two local surgeries in my region, has been present at the two PPG meetings that I have attended. This has given me a route in on T2 diabetes and reversal. I bombarded her with masses of supporting material and she has now established contact with the forum’s Debandez and her surgery too, both being in relatively neighbouring regions.

Far from it being a waste of time or with limited response, if anything it appears to have been quite the opposite. Getting the GPs and the Practise Managers on board might be crucial now, but things are looking very promising. It seems there has been luck here, having a LCHF friendly GP at our surgery, a T2 Diabetes Champion in an adjacent region and a listening administrator at our local practises. But this has all come about after initiating contact via the PPG here.

I may have mentioned that a similar effort is now being made to hook up with the proactive effort going on up in north east.

That’s fantastic, @Listlad Sounds really promising for the future.

Reactions: Listlad