pea fusilli

Harebrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried pea fusilli as a pasta alternative.Being made from peas i would have thought it would be ok but it shows up as 55gm per 100 carbs. Any thoughts anyone?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peas are fairly high carb. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some flour in there too

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems to be almost as much as regular fusilli. Have you read the ingredients? Could be either made for people who can't handle gluten or for people who think to trick their kids into eating vegetables without them noticing, like the 'cauliflower pizzabase' in supermarkets with almost as many carbs as regular pizza.

Reactions: LornaFarrell

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this sometimes although I prefer the similar red lentil penne. I seem to be ok with it as long as I have a small portion. Unless I am just missing the peak due to the low GI of course.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried it once and found it not to my taste (I make it for my OH, who is diabetes-free). Very floury texture, and mushy peas aftertaste. It's too high in carbs for me, anyway. My pasta substitutes include courgetti, sprouting broccoli, and dare I say it, Slim Pasta (firm texture, takes on the taste of the sauce).