Peerless67 "Newcastle diet"

AlcalaBob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a week into the ND and I've just read all of this thread to glean everything I can from such an inspirational account. Peerless67, thanks for producing such an honest and pragmatic account, and all the guys who offered comments. It shows very clearly what's possible given the right commitment.

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello people, I am still doing well. I still keep an eye on my carbs without obsessing.

I have put some weight on but remain a 32 inch waist, BG numbers remain mostly sub 7s.

I have my next long range blood test at the start of January, that will be interesting.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello people, happy new year, today (4/1/18) I had my blood test and will get the result on the 18th, which I shall report here.

Christmas day I had 6 roast potatoes, 3 parsnips, carrots and 2 Yorkshire puddings and 3/4 bottle of prosecco. My FBG next day was 5.8

Since I did not take a BG test on the day I decided to experiment yesterday. I had 3 slices of Hovis granary bread with my soup and for my evening meal I had 10 (yes ten) Taco's my BG test was 6.5
Obviously I will not be eating like that as a norm but I am pleased that my body seems to be coping really well with carbohydrates.
Giving up bread and pasta and rice was difficult but now I do not really think about it. I have replaced rice with cauliflower rice and eat more protein and fat. My weight is back up to 79/80KG but my waist remains 32/34 inches.
Most importantly for me is I feel well and I am not taking all those medications.

Reactions: marathonmona

thepolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not keeping motivated, eating when not hungry too much of the time. Need to up my distractions
Love reading all your posts and really happy that you are eating a bit of what you fancy with no huge spike in numbers. I didn't find giving up carbs all that hard but I do have a tendency to just eat meat which is just as bad as too much carbs. I have started logging what I'm eating today so that should help. Going to try eating ketogenic properly and probably around 1200 calories.

Reactions: Peerless67

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Got my HbA1c result today it was (50) I am pleased with that considering the amount of carbs I have consumed over the holiday. All back to normal now so I will get back into my stride. I have another one in April and I am sure I will be under 47 by then. My DN can hardly believe it.

My weight is up again at around 82KG but my waist remains 32 inches, bloods remain in the range 4.5 - 7.0

I will get my result scanned and will post it here to keep an honest record on the thread.