1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

penis unshaping

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by narnoli1981, Jun 21, 2013.

1. narnoli1981

narnoli1981 · Newbie

When my blood sugar is high.
    My penis starts getting itching, white discharge on head, unshaping, cuts.
    Is Anybody else suffering from same problem.
    Any remedy suggested for me?

2. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry. But that sounds like an S.T.D to me.
    Go to the clinic a.s.a.p:smile:

3. LittleWolf

LittleWolf · Well-Known Member

Thrush? You men usually carry it without symptoms and pass it on but yes, go to a gynaecologist! Xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

Sounds like the symptoms of thrush. Thrush is a candida fungus which thrives when there's a lot of excess glucose in your system. This is being expelled in your urine, hence why your problem is 'down there'. Get to the doctor and they'll sort you out with some anti-fungal medication.

5. teddy2702

teddy2702 · Member

Hi
    Yes i totally agree with Giverny i'm female and we get the same symptoms (except the penis) ha! ha!
    I get from the doc canesten cream and depending how bad it is an antibiotic. The cream is brilliant for the itching.
    Hope that helps.

6. Neil Walters

Neil Walters Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You will need Canesten 2% as the 1% will not be strong enough and keep treating until after the symptoms have gone completely otherwise it is likely to return.

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

7. BobCornelius

BobCornelius · Well-Known Member

Don't go to a gynaecologist as they deal specifically with the fair sex, a Urologist would be the one! Your GP would be better!

:)

Bob

8. FurryCub

FurryCub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Certainly sounds like thrush. It's very common for diabetics and if an undiagnosed diabetic is an indicator to the dr to test for diabetes.

Get the creams and get the blood sugar down and it clears up. If it goes on too long the little cuts turn into scars and can affect the movement of the foreskin leading to circumcision. And a gynaecologist can't help with that :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook