People on CGMS/Libre: What is your target range and what % of the time do you spend there?

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a libre on and off.................on my 4th sensor after 4 months. I am type 2.

I keep changing the target range as each sensor is different - so I do a lot of fingerprick testing in the first few days to callibrate it. have had one that was about 0.5 under, one 0.5 over, one 1.5-2.0 over, but this one seems spot on. Have set this one as target 4.0 to 8.0, but struggling to stay low carb at the moment, so past 7 days, 22% over, 78% in target.

Overall past 90 days, 11% over, 87% in target, 2% under (but that was when it was falsely reading low).

Brunneria, I had sausage and bacon in a small white bap at the weekend.................sent me up to 14 as well. However, last night had a fry up with a whole slice of fried bread (white bread fried in butter and coconut oil)............only up from 5.5 to 7. The take home message for me is have loads of fat with any bread.
That's a bit strange, I haven't really noticed sensor issues yet. Have you asked Abbott about it?
Seems like you stay in range a lot of the time! Thanks for sharing your results!

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
I use Nightscout for cloud data storage/reports/analysis.
My target range is based on where non diabetes spend most of their time. My low alerts start at 4.5, so 3.8 gives me some wiggle room to turn it around. Hypos don't really start till under 3.5, they just say 4 as they think its safer.

Reactions: 4 people

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for sharing, seems like you have extremely tight control! Any reason you picked 7.2 specifically?
I have no idea, tbh it's just a number I've pulled out of thin air... I might increase it to 8mmol/L to make things a little easier though:) Being a wee bit hard on myself with 7.2mmol/L - but still require a lot of improvement!

Edit - got to 57% in range with the 0.8mmol/L increase...

Grant

Reactions: 2 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, this is cool! Which software did you use? Also why did you pick 3.8 as your lower limit, I've always been told that it's a bit low for a type 1?

Your standard deviation results are good! :)
One of the things that's slightly frustrating about the Libre is you can't set your target below 3.9 and it always flags anything under 4 as a low glucose event: I often have a fasting of 3.8 which is OK for non-diabetics (I believe 3.5 is considered the low point for non-diabetics) so it should be OK for us too :)

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious after looking at my history on my Libre. After a period of bad control for a couple of weeks due to (not quite resolved yet) basal issues, I discovered that I spent 85% of the time in target (4.5-8.5), 13% above target, and 2% below target. What's a realistic goal for the amount of time in the target range?

Thanks for posting this - inspired me to finally figure out how to use diasend:oops:

I use a dexcom. My low alert is set to 4.2. My high alert is set at 7.2. I'm not sure I'd call these targets - it's more to get an alert so that I can try to do something to stay in a slightly wider target before I hit them.

Over the last two weeks I've been within the top and bottom line 68% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
When low carbing I tend to spend about 93% of my time in range, which is 3.8-8.8 for the sensor:

FullSizeRender_zpsrv4xabyp.jpg

When not low carbing, i.e., like when I've just been on holiday, I spend 79% in range, 2% below and 19% above, typically.

Opossum

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My T1 daughters numbers went totally out of control: range 4-9 she is 50% in target last week. I am unable to prevent steep spike after breakfast and insulins are totally ineffective in the afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got my libre set to between 5 and 9.9 and tend to average about 61%. I do tend to find that blood checks are 2 to 3 mmol lower at the upper end though so hopefully it's a bit better than that in reality... I would like the range to be a bit lower but it's 5 for driving and if I correct below 10 I can tend to drop too much, even with half a unit...