Peripheral neuropathy and diabetes

libbyM

Have recently learned that my nocturnal peeing could be caused by the above. Apparently no cure but can be managed,
I knew nothing about this and found it rather scary. Anyone else had experience with problem? At present I have tingling and numbness under my feet and a reddish rash on the forefront of both legs justabove the ankle.its a band of about 3” ins wide and 5” in height. I. Suspect it is to do with circulation.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, I have this too. My doctor has put me on Gabapentine, which has almost stopped the horrible pains in my feet. Didn't know that it caused nocturnal peeing though!

Reactions: Scarlet free

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have recently learned that my nocturnal peeing could be caused by the above. Apparently no cure but can be managed,
I knew nothing about this and found it rather scary. Anyone else had experience with problem? At present I have tingling and numbness under my feet and a reddish rash on the forefront of both legs justabove the ankle.its a band of about 3” ins wide and 5” in height. I. Suspect it is to do with circulation.
Snap. I had that. It has receded now after going low carb, but not completely.

The peeing is caused by it but both are common symptoms of higher blood sugars.

It is to do with circulation and is called varicose eczema from what I gather.

I fou haven’t done so already then while the legs are in that condition then apply a urea based foot cream to avoid drying and cracking of the skin.

Last edited:

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you use a foot cream try Allpresan - it's a foam specially for diabetics, that doesn't stay moist between your toes, like ordinary creams do - I get mine on prescription from my doctor; I don't know if you can buy it over the counter.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being bitten by cats. And women.
apply a urea based foot cream

I use Flexitol 10% urea cream to keep my soles from drying out. I put it on when I go to bed and stick my feet out the end of the bed. It works well for me.