1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

peripheral neuropathy and ulcers

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Janetoby, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Janetoby

Janetoby Type 1 · Member

I was doing some reading the other day and came across some stuff regarding peripheral neuropathy and also leg and foot ulcers. Apparently there are operations done for foot problems that are similar to carpal tunnel operations for the hand. One is called Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome which is an operation near the ankle, and the other is called Dellon Triple Nerve De-compression Proceedure where they operate on one area below the knee, one on the lower leg and one behind the ankle. Has anyone heard of this or had it done? I have had diabetes for 42 years an have peripheral neuropathy but have never been spoken to in regards to this. It supposedly completely cure the problems associated with neuropathy. I am in Australia and this seems to be from America.
    I also came across using sugar mixed with iodine to cure leg and foot ulcers. Anyone heard of or tried this? I am always looking for a simple answer - especially if it doesn't involve medication!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook