Type 2 Peripheral neuropathy pains

nannoo_bird

I am suffering such terrible PN pains at night that I never get a good night's sleep, even with sleeping tablets - the pains wake me up. I have tried gabapentin, pregabalin and amytriptiline, all of which had terrible side-effects for me. I have tried supplements - ALA, B12, and others, nothing seemed to work. Normal NSAIDs have no effect. My blood sugars are stable. My doctors just offer the above drugs and say there is nothing else. Does anyone have any advice - I am a walking zombie, so tired and emotional. I would so appreciate any advice.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear of your problems I have lost some of my feelings in my right foot but i am able to sleep
Without pain what has improved mi condition is 400 mg of ALA twice a day.lower doses had no helped
Hugs

nannoo_bird

Sorry to hear of your problems I have lost some of my feelings in my right foot but i am able to sleep
Without pain what has improved mi condition is 400 mg of ALA twice a day.lower doses had no helped
Hugs

Thanks, I'll try it again, but at a higher dose.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
R ala. it's important to get the R ALA bs the standard. The R is the most absorbable. Hard to find instores but I order on line. The R fraction is more expensive but worth the money. The dose of 300 mg or more depending is important. Trybit again
I take 100 mg 3 times a day through the day and found great relief.

Try www.swansomvitamins.com

Reactions: nannoo_bird

Sunil12048

Try a magnesium supplement for a week or two - your pains will start reducing and go away - anywhere from 3 days to two weeks.

All the diabetes medicines increase requirement of magnesium and most doctors don't advise this. I have had relief personally and also had 5 other people get immediate relief from this. It works like magic!

If it work, you need to continue it with a daily supplement.

nannoo_bird

Sunil 12408, I take magnesium every day, have an Epsom salts bath and occasionally use a spray magnesium on my feet - no reduction in symptoms. :grumpy: What type of magnesium do you take, and how much, please?

Sunil12048

I take 300mg capsules. From countrylife manufacturer from new York. You can find it in online stores.

I had very tender soles for sometime after I started Metformin tablets. Couldn't bear to walk or even sit steady. This capsule cured me completely of that pain.

I take one before sleep everyday. My old parents also found relief from foot pains. And a few other people who started on other magnesium supplements on my informing them.