Peripheral Neuropathy

Croydonian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
processed foods, very noisy people, smoking.
Hi People,
I am new to this site and would introduce myself as a 78 year old widowed male with type 2 Diabetes for around 11 years.
The Diabetes is under control with Metformin and my sugar levels are only checked once year at the surgery.
My only issue is the Peripheral Neuropathy in my toes, at times drives me nuts.
I take 60mg Duloxetine once daily but only helps a little, does anyone have similar a similar condition and how do you cope with it, as soon as the ambient temperature drops below 19 my feet are so cold it takes ages to warm them up.
I would like to hear any thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Hi People,
I am new to this site and would introduce myself as a 78 year old widowed male with type 2 Diabetes for around 11 years.
The Diabetes is under control with Metformin and my sugar levels are only checked once year at the surgery.
My only issue is the Peripheral Neuropathy in my toes, at times drives me nuts.
I take 60mg Duloxetine once daily but only helps a little, does anyone have similar a similar condition and how do you cope with it, as soon as the ambient temperature drops below 19 my feet are so cold it takes ages to warm them up.
I would like to hear any thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

About ten years ago my Neuropathy in my feet was absolutely awful. It was like stepping on hot shards of glass. I was put on Amitriptyline and within a couple of days it was almost miraculous and the pain dissipated totally. Things are still good except I now have really bad Neuropathy in my hands (specifically my left)

I am also on Duloxetine but it hasn't helped. I will be making an appointment to see GP to discuss. Just for info I am Type 1 and have been for 40 years...

Reactions: thaddydv