Permanent Cure

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke
I've read of ONE, and only one, scientifically verified cure for type 1. It came with enough side effects that I doubt if you'd want to try it, though. Someone had both type 1 and a bone marrow disease expected to be fatal within a year. The only cure known for the bone marrow disease was to kill the bone marrow with radiation, then do a bone marrow transplant. The doctor was able to find a bone marrow donor for which the main difference was the absence of something that produced the immune cells specific to attacking the beta cells of the pancreas. The patient had enough pancreas stem cells left that they generated a new set of beta cells, which cured the type 1. The patient was left with a lifelong need to take immunosuppressive drugs, though.

TJR56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've had Type 1 for 53 years now, been injecting since age of 4. I wish there was a cure but alas there isn't one, it's a lifelong condition
Same for me, except diagnosed age two years and eight months, now sixty and still playing this game of 'beat the diabetes by playing skilfully'. It gets no better, but you get better at it as you go along. It's bearable!

TJR56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now taking CBD edibles. I have reduced lantus by 4 units up to now. I am type 1. I had to reduce lantus because I was having hypos during the night. Yesterday I jumped from 45 mg CBD to 100 mg CBD. I had 2 hypos during the day and possibly another hypo during the night. Today I will reduce another 2 units of lantus. CBD seems to help somehow but it is expensive. CBD also helps me to relax and stay calm in various stressful situations, such as stuck in traffic. I can tell you that now I am cured from Claustrophobia. I also used to be afraid of heights. Not anymore. I would love to read testimonials from Diabetics using CBD. I know that I will not be able to eliminate injections completely.
Could you explain what form these CBD edibles take and how and how often, in what quantities, please?

Last edited:

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm hopeful :) There are a number of things that are being worked on, and I like to think one of those will work - and not too far in the future.

It can get frustrating waiting but I like to stay optimistic :)

Man if there ever was a cure for type 1 i'd have type 2 the following day. :D

*Walks into bakery*
Me: "I want the Éclairs."
Personnel: how many?
Me: "All of them! And hurry up my car trunk is full of ice cream!"

*Mental note: first the éclairs, then the ice cream*

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I've also reduced my insulin both Basal and Bolus, bnut I'm no where near to a cure but i am certain of one thing! Its my pump that has enabled me to make these reductions and improve my diabetes management.

Our bodies change all the time and often require more or less insulin for multitudes of reasons.

It's really quite amazing what some people believe will cure them. Only the other day a 72 year old woman had some sort of crack pot "slapping" treatment to cure her diabetes and died.

My response to that and it will have to be put politely albeit bluntly, Stupid! She got what she should of have expected and gets no sympathy from me. That's the sort of treatment people may have believed in, in medieval times not the 21st century.

There maybe a cure for diabetes one day when no one knows.

Regards

Martin

Last edited:

Bobby123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you explain what form these CBD edibles take and how and how often, in what quantities, please?
In my opinion I think that the best way to take CBD is the tincture, 3 times a day. At least 30 mg daily. Put the drops under the tongue and hold for 60 seconds. I still am not sure if it`s before or after a meal. So sometimes I take before sometimes after.
CBD will definitely relax you without getting stoned. And in my case CBD has masked my pain in the neck and back. Then I tried 100 mg daily split into 2 doses of 50 mg and the pains in the neck and back were completely gone. But 100mg is expensive. About the blood sugar control, wow I cannot believe it. I am sure looking forward to my next HBA1C which should be below 7% I think. Because my readings are between 5 and 6 mmol most of the time. You have to find a good supplier of CBD. On the website there must be the test reports for any pesticides etc. Don`t go for the cheapest. I test more than 10 times a day, So please be careful for the hypos.