Persistence of Neuropathy

KennyS

I asked this question in, of all places, the 'Ask A Question' portion of the forum and got no answers so, since it is directed to T2's in the first place, I would ask again here.

A question for those people with T2 and are or have been effected my some form of Neuropathy. I have some sensations of mild numbness, heat, pain, etc in one foot that comes and goes in varying degrees. My question is for those who have successfully brought their blood glucose to normal readings primarily through diet and exercise, do these sensations improve (reverse) over time or do they remain the same.... I guess I should also ask... even if you have managed control of you numbers, does it continue to worsen?

Thanks
Kenny :wave:

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Hello KennyS, I'm T2 for 10 years or so, the toes started to 'numb up' after about 4 years, now 6 years later they are just the same, no change, but then I don't listen to the NHS advice, they haven't got a clue.

That includes their so-called dietary advice. ( Stuff yourself with starchy carbs ! )

I think that once you get that numb feeling ( so far in the toes ) it will not shift.

I walk everywhere I can without shoes or socks

Superchip

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had neuropathy in my feet for about 12 months or so before being diagnosed. As I've got my BG level lower, I've noticed an improvement. Now the only time I'm really aware of the problem is when I'm walking, especially if my joggers are tied too tightly. I find the looser the laces are, the longer it takes for the numbness to affect me. I still get occasional pins and needles, but nothing like when it used to keep me awake at night.

KennyS

Thank You both for your input. I guess it is just a bit of wait and see.... I would hope that the damage is reversible but if that cannot be, at least no worse.

KennyS