Personal Diabetic Trainer

neilbigh101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I want to start training again but have neuropathy and charcot foot, I have been to all the local gyms and nobody seems to be able to help me as most say they have not trained for such things

Is there any list trainers or oranisations anyboby has heard of that might be able to help?

I live in Manchester

Thanks in advance

Neil

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi

I want to start training again but have neuropathy and charcot foot, I have been to all the local gyms and nobody seems to be able to help me as most say they have not trained for such things

Is there any list trainers or oranisations anyboby has heard of that might be able to help?

I live in Manchester

Thanks in advance

Neil
Would a physio not help you to make a start?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo , unfortunately Market Harborough and Manchester aren't exactly cheek by jowl, unfortunately.

@neilbigh101 - Would the consultant advising you on your charcot be able to give you any pointers for exercising/gyms/trainers? I would imagine you would want to be fairly cautious with the charcot.

Good luck with finding what you're looking for.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo , unfortunately Market Harborough and Manchester aren't exactly cheek by jowl, unfortunately.
Well perhaps the OP could give them a phone call to ask if they knew of T1 trainers in whatever part of the UK he lives.

When I found that link on a Google UK search there were a shedload of links to trainers that look after diabetics.

Perhaps the OP should do the same as I did, and search Google UK then. :meh:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well perhaps the OP could give them a phone call to ask if they knew of T1 trainers in whatever part of the UK he lives.

When I found that link on a Google UK search there were a shedload of links to trainers that look after diabetics.

Perhaps the OP should do the same as I did, and search Google UK then. :meh:

You know what it's like?
When you're looking for a decent mechanic, you don't want someone who will waste your time?? (Rip you off.) I'm guessing the OP is looking for a "recommendation"? Which as we both know ;) can be "manufactured" on a buisness website...

D

Deleted member 308541

I'm guessing the OP is looking for a "recommendation"?
It would make life easier if posters like the OP fill their profiles in with where they live for example "Lower Trollsville". This will / would stop the guessing games and any confusion.

It was the first thing I did when I joined this forum, I even had it in my sig for awhile but the sig was getting a bit linear so I removed it. :D

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi

I live in Manchester

Thanks in advance

Neil
This sounds like a job for a physiotherapist. Charcot foot is a serious condition so you will to take care with exercise and effort applied to the area effected. Get some professional advise on this one.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would make life easier if posters like the OP fill their profiles in with where they live for example "Lower Trollsville". This will / would stop the guessing games and any confusion.

It was the first thing I did when I joined this forum, I even had it in my sig for awhile but the sig was getting a bit linear so I removed it. :D

I see your sense. I have "sigs" turned off. The OP did mention in his post "Manchester" & I have a bet at Ladbrooks that I don't need to delete any posts for derailment or anything else for the time I'm a mod... (Though, at this rate someone "higher up" might do us both.?) :p
Let's just raise a glass together & shrug it off. ;) :cool:

D

Deleted member 308541

Let's just raise a glass together & shrug it off. ;) :cool:
I'll drink to that Jaylee.
be5Za.gif