Pfizer vaccine

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
I'm due for my pfizer soon and I'd like to know if anyone had a hypoglycaemia as a reaction to it. If so, how bad was it and when did it happen?

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
I'm due for my pfizer soon and I'd like to know if anyone had a hypoglycaemia as a reaction to it. If so, how bad was it and when did it happen?
No my blood sugars went high for a few days, I have only read a couple of people going low, far more seem to have high. I bought a continuous blood glucose monitor £40 from Hobbs pharmacy or get a free trial if you haven’t had one before especially if you are concerned, then turn the alarms on. Everyone is different, I also know a Type 1 who had nothing after Pfizer.
Free trial link
https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/li...iaPCHKJSgh2gvJFWTOmTEeeKyN7yNjvhoC9CMQAvD_BwE

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As with most things diabetes related, we are all different.
My levels dropped and, 6 weeks after my 2nd jab, I am still taking only 80% of my usual basal.

Unfortunately, there are no conclusion s you can draw from other people's experience. You just need to do extra testing and be prepared for highs or lows.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No change at all after my vaccination
Carol

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I’m not type 1 and not on insulin but I had my second Pfizer on 13/5. Since then I’ve had to eat more to sustain sugars or they do seem to go lower. the dust I was eating before the jab is no longer sufficient.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My blood sugers went high after the first phizer jab, then after the second jab 4 weeks later they went back to normal, I would highly recommend having both jabs phizer or astra zenica, I am looking forward to my booster jab in October

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no identifiable effect on my bg either way