PHC Conference 2022 - are you an addict

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm a PHC (Low Carb) Ambassador so got a free ticket to the Food Addiction day of this conference. It was great and all of the videos will be out on YouTube and Twitter soon. Google Public Health Collaboration
In the meantime try the test (Yale Food Addiction Scale) to see if you are a food addict:
https://www.idrlabs.com/food-addiction/test.php
Not everyone who is obese or diabetic is an addict but this may be helpful to some!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou. I came out as minimal dependency on food. If I had answered these questions 10 years ago, pre low carbing, I am sure it would have said high dependency.

Reactions: NicoleC1971

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No indication of food dependence.

@NicoleC1971 I think it also worth noting that not all slim, apparently fit people are immune from food, or other addictions.

I appreciate this video is getting on a bit now, but I still really like it:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a PHC (Low Carb) Ambassador so got a free ticket to the Food Addiction day of this conference. It was great and all of the videos will be out on YouTube and Twitter soon. Google Public Health Collaboration
In the meantime try the test (Yale Food Addiction Scale) to see if you are a food addict:
https://www.idrlabs.com/food-addiction/test.php
Not everyone who is obese or diabetic is an addict but this may be helpful to some!

I was there too! Would have been good to meet you.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Miy scores would also have been very different had I done that test before diagnosis and before low carbing

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was there too! Would have been good to meet you.
I think the figures for slim food addicts were 28% with about 58% being obese/overweight....And yes would have been great to meet face to face! I did manage a chat with David Unwin though so that made my day too.

Reactions: Goonergal