Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't see why not.

Why do you think it might not be safe?
Don't see why not.

Why do you think it might not be safe?
Hi Knikki,
thanks for responding to my question about diabetics getting pierced ears!!
I asked because iam thinking of getting my ears pierced for my Birthday in 5wks time, and i know cuts and bruises can take longer to heal with diabetics, i guess i thought maybe it would be a bad move to pierce my ears!!!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Knikki,
thanks for responding to my question about diabetics getting pierced ears!!
I asked because iam thinking of getting my ears pierced for my Birthday in 5wks time, and i know cuts and bruises can take longer to heal with diabetics, i guess i thought maybe it would be a bad move to pierce my ears!!!

Uncontrolled blood sugars may be an issue for some things but actually having diabetes itself is not a risk. It’s about good blood sugar control.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi MeiChanski,
thank you for responding to my question about diabetics getting pierced ears and posting the helpfull link!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi there,
iam a type 2 diabetic, is it safe for me to get my ears pierced???

Hi I am two piercings, one before I was diagnosed and the other 13 years later and no problem with either.

christysth

since being diagnosed i have had both sides of my nose and my lip pierced twice and my septum pierced and had no problems at all!!

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Having diabetes is irrelevant. Your average blood sugar is what's relevant. I'm not a doctor but I'd think if it's around 9mmol/L you're fine whereas if you're around 14 you should be careful.