Pins and needles in hands

hoolyuk

Dislikes
Salad
Hello Folks.

This past three weeks or so i have been waking up with pins and needles in both hands [ring finger and pinky this morning, and all of left hand] it goes away in a minute and doesn't cause any problems the rest of the day.....i dont think i've started laying any differently in bed and my waking blood sugars have barely been over 6.5 since i went onto metformin [5.68 average in past week].

Could this be linked to neuropathy or should i visit a chiropractor?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, carpal tunnel sounds as if is a possibility. My last GP prescribed me splint things to wear at night until I got to have them operated on. Splinty things are easy enough to buy straight from chemist, I think I was very lucky with my old GP, and they probably aren't on prescription any more!!!

hoolyuk

Dislikes
Salad
Thanks for the pointers folks. Is carpal tunnel syndrome something diabetics would be prone to?

I drive an HGV 10+ hours a day and ride a bike to work and, when i think of it, have been painting a fence this past 3 weeks.....a lot of wrist action.....could maybe be a spot of arthritis :idea:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I don't know if it is linked to diabetes, I think it is pretty common nowadays with or without diabetes. From your job and hobbies, it does sound pretty much linked to carpa. However, your GP should be able to refer you to hospital where they can attach some electrode things to your fingers to measure how bad it is before deciding whether it is bad enough to operate on. Other than that wearing the splints at night from the pharmacy can ease things a little.

I can remember the pins and needles, but can also vividly remembering chronic pain before getting them operated on. Best see GP rather than listening to us, just to make sure. As there are still other diseases that it could be.......