1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pip

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by Adrian1985, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Adrian1985

Adrian1985 · Newbie

Can diabetics with neuropathy claim pip I'm really struggling and need more help and have a carer but I would need to claim pip for that is there anyone else that claims it I'm 33 been type 1 for 13 years and badly controlled and now suffering the complications from it

2. rosco 2

rosco 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My impression is that benefits are largely based upon the effects of pathologies on people. If your GP and hospital consultants will support your case then you have prospects I believe. I suggest you pick the brains of CAB perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

PIP is very difficult to get, the mobility part is even harder to get.
    I get the care element but that's nothing to do with my diabetes. I have very bad neuropathy in both legs so when I next do a review, I have to decide whether to say.
    I would suggest looking at the PIP site via Google to give you an idea. I will warn you, the form is very long

• Like Like x 2
  4. catfan

catfan I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Just to clarify PIP is not related to work but care needs in daily life and mobility.

6. catfan

catfan I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Or in simple rerms, how your condition affects you.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook