Please change insulin needles and lancing device needles EVERY single time.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Robinredbreast I totally understand why you couldn't get to the GP. I would have been just the same in those circumstances, for sure.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
MyLife Penfine do a needle that just clicks onto the end of insulin pens, given your struggles using one hand this might be an option for you.

Thank you Nigel that sounds ideal :) I will ask my GP next week, hopefully .

Reactions: 2 people

manicarrie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to put my two pennorth in, i personally change my needle each time as I tried reusing one once and God it hurt the second time, maybe I just hit a bad spot, but it's not something I would willingly do again, but that's just me being a big baby. I can see how, with the size of my needles and the fact that skin is quite tough, that they could blunt easily, but again, no evidence to the contrary that I believ anyway, am just saying I could see how it COULD. As for lancets....... Well I try to change every day, but like most posters, generally I forget until it hurts more, those are thick enough though where you can see how much they have blunted with the naked eye. I was diagnosed two years ago, and I think I have only just come to the end of my first box, I have several as very often when I ring for repeat I ask for everything, rather than listing, and secondly, one dozy receptionist can't hear the difference between lancets and Lantus, she has cocked this up even when I have spelt lantus out and said its the injection pen as stated on the prescription.