Please comment

jessica16

Hi I'm 16 and have recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes September this year, at first when I went in hospital I was in shock that I was diagnosed with this, I was totally confused about it all and still am a bit. It's been nearly 4 months now and my emotions are all over the place, I'm so unhappy and fed up, all I ever seem to do is cry or get anger over nothing at all. I feel embarrassed and really useless every day. I'm always spending time with my boyfriend and all I ever do is have a go at him for no reason at all. This is the first time I've wrote anything on the forum so hopefully someone could please message me back or leave a comment? I'd appreciate it. I'd really like someone to speak to that is going through the same thing or who has been, thank you.

K

Kat100

Hi Jessica, some one who is a t1 will get back to you, I am a t2, but your feelings are not unlike any diabetic who has been diagnosed with this illness, it is very stressful, and you must be very shocked, I feel for you , it is a form of trauma, and all very new, don't be to hard on yourself, get as much help as you can, and I really hope things improve for you soon, just wanted to say take care, and look after yourself, best wishes Kat...you really wont be alone on this site x

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
I felt the same i was 13 when i was diognosed now 24 it gets easier especially on here u can rant about it with people who know what ur goin thru the only advice i can give is be happy eith ur body i had diabulimia when i was aged 17 to 19 and had dka 3 times i wouldnt recomend it i have off days and snap at my boyfriend if he is a good one he will understand its stressful and annoying

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jessica16

Thank you so much both of you for your replies, It helps a lot to even know I'm not the only person to feel like this, also to know that it will get better. Thank you again x

jessica16

And yeah Cupcaake32 he's a good boyfriend and is trying his best to understand and come to terms with my emotions to, I just get days were I'll lay and cry to him because I feel rubbish and he's does his best to comfort me x

Kelsie

Hi Jessica, you are most definitely not alone! I'm 20 and was diagnosed July this year and my brother is type one too. Because of him being diabetic, I felt like I had to act strong and 'with it' cos if my brother could do it then I didn't want to seem like a pansy and look like im not coping. But I totally have my off days, like today I had a random cry because my stomach and bum is so sore from all the injections and being a small frame, I have so so many bruises from them too. You will have days where you feel totally frustrated but that's normal and understandable-having a good support background like your boyfriend will really help :) my boyfriend is amazing with like noticing the signs of when I'm low or reminding me to inject etc. Rant it out on here if your ever having a bad day :)

jessica16

Kelsie said:
Hi Jessica, you are most definitely not alone! I'm 20 and was diagnosed July this year and my brother is type one too. Because of him being diabetic, I felt like I had to act strong and 'with it' cos if my brother could do it then I didn't want to seem like a pansy and look like im not coping. But I totally have my off days, like today I had a random cry because my stomach and bum is so sore from all the injections and being a small frame, I have so so many bruises from them too. You will have days where you feel totally frustrated but that's normal and understandable-having a good support background like your boyfriend will really help :) my boyfriend is amazing with like noticing the signs of when I'm low or reminding me to inject etc. Rant it out on here if your ever having a bad
day :)
Hey Kelsie, thank you so much for your comment, yeah I know what you mean, I had a random cry today too, I just felt so worn out and down. I get so angry aswell sometimes if I'm rushing to get ready, I just get frustrated. Will it always be like this? Or will my emotions settle down? X

Kelsie

Oh my god, mornings I hate because I'm always in a rush and the amount of times I've got into my car to go uni and I'm like poo I've forgotten to inject after my breakfast! Unfortunately we will always have to ensure five minutes before going anywhere to make sure that we have insulin, bg testing kit and sweet etc. yeah your emotions will settle :) we are both in such an early stage of our diagnoses really so it is expected that there will be days of anguish, resentment and frustration but it will settle :) at my work is another type one diabetic and some days we just moan and rant but it really helps as it makes you feel not alone. This forum is great too :)

jessica16

Kelsie said:
Oh my god, mornings I hate because I'm always in a rush and the amount of times I've got into my car to go uni and I'm like poo I've forgotten to inject after my breakfast! Unfortunately we will always have to ensure five minutes before going anywhere to make sure that we have insulin, bg testing kit and sweet etc. yeah your emotions will settle :) we are both in such an early stage of our diagnoses really so it is expected that there will be days of anguish, resentment and frustration but it will settle :) at my work is another type one diabetic and some days we just moan and rant but it really helps as it makes you feel not alone. This forum is great too :)

The first day I started work I forgot to inject. Yeah me too every time I leave the house my mum always asked me if I've got everything, Which helps me remember if iv forgot sweets of anything. Ah that's great to know it will settle:D i don't know anyone els with T1D so it's great to be able to write of here and get really helpful comments from yourself:) thank you so much

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi sweetie,
I've been T1, for 18 years and I wish there had been this forum then, it really helps to be able to come here to moan/ question etc
All of your emotions are completely normal, I certainly felt the same on diagnosis. Please visit here often for the support x

jessica16

DonnaC-T said:
Hi sweetie,
I've been T1, for 18 years and I wish there had been this forum then, it really helps to be able to come here to moan/ question etc
All of your emotions are completely normal, I certainly felt the same on diagnosis. Please visit here often for the support x
Hi, this is the first time iv wrote on here and iv found all the comments so helpful:) how long will it be before there back to normal again? X

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For me, the days where I feel overwhelmed are now very few and far between. I'm much better at talking about it too. I used to just say, 'I'm alright' and never ask questions at the hospital/nurse etc. now I go with a list if I need to! I can't answer how long it will take as I had lots of other stuff going on to so I pushed the diabetes right to the back and ignored it.
You could try the main diabetes website or ask your nurse about groups in your area? I know some areas do have them? X

jessica16

DonnaC-T said:
For me, the days where I feel overwhelmed are now very few and far between. I'm much better at talking about it too. I used to just say, 'I'm alright' and never ask questions at the hospital/nurse etc. now I go with a list if I need to! I can't answer how long it will take as I had lots of other stuff going on to so I pushed the diabetes right to the back and ignored it.
You could try the main diabetes website or ask your nurse about groups in your area? I know some areas do have them? X
I'm never pleased about anything anymore. I'll have a look on the Internet see what I can find:) thank you for your help x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Jessica So so sorry hear to hear you are feeling so low about being diagnosed with Type 1 :(

I was nearly twice your age when diagnosed and have had for 24 years. It must of rocked your world as we know it can be so hard especially for the younger ones.

It's not going to go away it's not a short haul its for life, with injections,carbs hypers and hypo's. It's normal to feel this way and my heart goes out to you.

There are other younger members on here who you could talk to about the way you are feeling........but honestly it's not the end of the world Jessica, you can have a normal active life with Type 1. Don't let it swamp you with despair, we rule diabetes, don't let it rule you, but just take a little step at a time. It's such a lot to take in and come to terms with, but we do get there, it may take a little time that's all:)

Please take good care of yourself and I hope, in time, you will start to feel a little better.
" What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"

All the best Jessica, this is a good forum for help and support.

RRB X

jessica16

Robinredbreast said:
Hi Jessica So so sorry hear to hear you are feeling so low about being diagnosed with Type 1 :(

I was nearly twice your age when diagnosed and have had for 24 years. It must of rocked your world as we know it can be so hard especially for the younger ones.

It's not going to go away it's not a short haul its for life, with injections,carbs hypers and hypo's. It's normal to feel this way and my heart goes out to you.

There are other younger members on here who you could talk to about the way you are feeling........but honestly it's not the end of the world Jessica, you can have a normal active life with Type 1. Don't let it swamp you with despair, we rule diabetes, don't let it rule you, but just take a little step at a time. It's such a lot to take in and come to terms with, but we do get there, it may take a little time that's all:)

Please take good care of yourself and I hope, in time, you will start to feel a little better.
" What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"

All the best Jessica, this is a good forum for help and support.

RRB X

Hi, thank you so much for your comment. You've really helped! Great words of wisdom:)