Please help

M4verick

I was diagnosed type 2 a year ago, have been managing with diet and exercise (gave up smoking, dropped 2st in 3 months and kept it off). HbA1c has been about 6.

Last six weeks, blood sugar has been really high (7s and 8s). I think stress (moving house, work) must play a part. Wife doesn't want to know - diabetes is my problem and mine to manage.

I've started to suffer from depression (lost my dad to cancer a month before I was diagnosed), wife says there's no reason for me to be sad and if I don't like it I should leave.

Have 3yo daughter I love.

Any ideas?

Netty70

I would say your readings are stress related I also lost my dad 8wks ago affected me badly still does but I have amazing support from my family and friends
Am sorry to hear you don't but hopefully it is something you can work on with your wife
Do you not have a close friend or family member you could talk too

Hope so take care
There are lots of friends on here :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi How you doing?

Just to say well done on what youve been doing. Im type one and can honestly say 7's and 8's would be awesome for me so dont worry at all.

If your worried speak to your dr, you might need a bit more meds(but i dont know)

Goodluck :)

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Hey give yourself a break you have done the hard bit and 7-8 is quite acceptable for most of us.

Keep control and remember the sun will always come out tomorrow....somewhere!

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

Hopeful Alfie

Your BS readings are really satisfactory, so don't worry about that - just keep trying. Also try hard to be positive and cheerful, even if you don't feel that way at first; but if you try hard enough your domestic problems will also ease. Don't forget - you are the architect of your own future so force yourself to be cheerful. Me? - I'm Type 2 (now successfully controlled by diet), I've had a heart op and now have two types of cancer (still being treated), but I remain positive, and thankful to be able to enjoy being still alive.