1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Post hypos

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Cd-astro, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Cd-astro

Cd-astro · Member

Hey all, so I was just wondering if anyone else felt exhausted/drained the day after having a hypo. I had one last night and have been effectively useless for the whole day compounded by the fact that I've had to scrap work for the day as I can't concentrate. Overall the experience has made me rather miserable :/

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. JMK1954

JMK1954 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes, I have to agree that a bad hypo can have this effect. It depends on how long my BS level was below the magic 4 mml. The longer it has taken me to raise it back to a reasonable level, the worse I feel afterwards. Usually, a night's sleep presses the reset button, so I wake feeling ok, but if I am ever hypo during the night I have always woken with a terrible headache and a feeling of general weakness which has lasted for hours.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A nighttime hypo will leave me tired for most of the day too. Before the Libre I used to wonder, if I hadn’t woken to correct, why I was sometimes so tired. I was also frustrated by waking high after a hypo induced liver dump, and just couldn’t work out what had made it all go awol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Agreed, I don't often have night hypos but when I do I feel like I've got the worst hangover the next day. In no way rested at all!
    During the day I get good warning symptoms so luckily don't tend to feel tired after them as they don't tend to be particularly low. Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed anything by writing that!

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CharlottePatten

CharlottePatten Type 1 · Member

100% it takes over my whole day if I have had a hypo during the day, I have not had one for a very very long time and use the dexcom g6, but I get sickness, forgetfulness, fatigue, no motivation and something I call a tipping headache as its only feels better if I lean forward. Not nice at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. Ushthetaff

Ushthetaff Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If I have a bad hypo during the night ( night time ones for me are usually bad as they don’t wake me up till blood is about 2.5) , they usually have me eating the contents of the fridge ( after I’ve drunk the cola at the side of my bed) I go back to sleep and feel like total **** for most of the following day . I call it the “Ghost ” feeling after the film Ghost where the ghost tries to jump into Whooping Goldbergs body and them feels “ wiped out “ when he comes back out same feeling for me after a night time hypo. “””” ohhhhh myyyyy lovvvve my darrling I hunger for your touch “”” sorry couldn’t resist.lol

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook