Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I’m a bad patient.

Here I am 5 days post op, wound oozing, feeling washed out, unable to do anything, can’t lift or stretch, pick up or carry, 4 weeks off work and just dwelling on bad stuff..

Weight dropping off - another 3lb since operation..so eating junk and cake just to get something inside me. I know I shouldn’t but I can’t stop myself. I’m trying so hard....did try so hard to get operation ready and now I’ve simply zero energy to carry on. I can’t face 95% of food, it makes me feel nauseous and sickly and I have skipped meals because I simply can’t face the prospect of food hence Bakewell tarts and custard creams have had to fill the sort of nourishment hole in my life!.

I’m sorry I’ve let everyone, including myself down ..I’m going stir crazy and can’t get over this operation fast enough. I’ve never, ever felt this rough post-op, so washed out, so.....disillusioned. You don’t want to know some of the dark places my mind is visiting..

I’ll try to get back to what I was doing..I will, but right now, I don’t think I’ll make it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a bad patient.

Here I am 5 days post op, wound oozing, feeling washed out, unable to do anything, can’t lift or stretch, pick up or carry, 4 weeks off work and just dwelling on bad stuff..

Weight dropping off - another 3lb since operation..so eating junk and cake just to get something inside me. I know I shouldn’t but I can’t stop myself. I’m trying so hard....did try so hard to get operation ready and now I’ve simply zero energy to carry on. I can’t face 95% of food, it makes me feel nauseous and sickly and I have skipped meals because I simply can’t face the prospect of food hence Bakewell tarts and custard creams have had to fill the sort of nourishment hole in my life!.

I’m sorry I’ve let everyone, including myself down ..I’m going stir crazy and can’t get over this operation fast enough. I’ve never, ever felt this rough post-op, so washed out, so.....disillusioned. You don’t want to know some of the dark places my mind is visiting..

I’ll try to get back to what I was doing..I will, but right now, I don’t think I’ll make it.

Patrick, if that wound is still oozing, it needs to be looked at in my view.

Right now, to heal, you could really do with taking on aboard a nutrient dense diet. I don't want to be critical of your dietary choices, because none of us are saints, but I'm unsure what nutritional value you'll gain from cakes abd biscuits. Even if it's a toasty or pizza, at least there'd be some protein onboard with those.

Get that would looked at tomorrow, please. That that doesn't match with the plan is irrelevant. Sometimes our bodies haven't read the plan.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Patrick66 you don't sound good. I suggest taking your temperature and calling your doctor. If you have an infection, it's important to get checked as soon as possible.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Patrick66 don’t beat yourself up. I don’t know how major your surgery was nor how deep the incision goes, but it never hurts to get an oozing wound seen to. Might be nothing, might not. Tomorrow( well today for you) is a good time.
I’ve had two sets of major major surgeries, and the ones in my 30’s were much easier than the ones in my 60’s as far as recovering energy went. The more recent ones were less barbaric though, for sure! Are your pain meds or antibx causing fatigue? Both do in me. Are you taking a blood thinner? It could have side effects.
I absolutely know about the sweets cravings. I had them after both recent surgeries after I got over the anesthesia nausea. First hip replacement it was chocolate ice cream. Second was spicy hermit bars and toast, as I recall. But for both I also craved animal protein, which was good for me. Cheese at lunch, chicken or salmon for supper day after day. Are those tempting? If you eat with your opioids, and have some yogurt with your antibx, that can help with the “Can’t face food” syndrome.
Wishing you the best!

Reactions: gemma_T1

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Come on mate........chin up.....time to put your BadAss pants on

1) Get that ooze looked at
2) Large portion of haagen daaz with chopped nuts and fruit added
3)A plate of your FAVOURITE food to 'break the dam' of loss of appetite

You can do it........and forget these ideas of letting anyone else down......do it for YOU first......and we'll be more proud of you than we already are

Reactions: gemma_T1