Posting Links,Helpful ...or not.

stewcose

Hi

This is the internet, made up of billions of links. If one is pointed out to me in response to my post, great. Found many useful sites this way. Some times think I could be linked to old replies given on this site to others asking the same question. Though as a new poster it was great to get a personal response.

Keep up the good work.

Stewart

ColinBhoy

Dislikes
Eejits, loudmouths
Sid Bonkers said...
Keep posting links and leave it to the individual to choose which they explore.

I agree with this, and I can't believe this topic is creating the feedback it does. Links are easy to ignore if irrelevent to the reader. On the other hand, a lot of time can be wasted reading through articles that eventually turn out to be irrelevent, so links offer a simple way allowing the reader to digest a short summary of the topic, then deciding whether or not they want to research the issue further.

Keep the links :D

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
My personal feeling on this is that it is very useful, it gives diabetics a chance to read other points of views, find information they may have overlooked, share views and ideas with other diabetics. None of us are experts, but this is such a complex subject with so many varying expert and so called expert views that the more information we have to hand, the better it is for us to come to our own conclusions about the varying issues. When I post links I stress that these are just links I have found, I have never purported to have adequate knowledge, nor assume that links to postings and information are correct. I assume that with other links and use my own discretion on the issues found from other links, and other diabetics points of view. I would hope that everyone else does the same!

Personally, I have found this site a great benefit and comfort, and am very happy to view and share links - assuming that discretion is always advised and used.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Forgot to mention, these posts help me to feel less isolated in this illness, I would hope and assume it does the same for many others, it can be a very frightening illness, this forum, these posts help make it less so :D

On that basis I would definitely opt to keep the links - please :!:

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
I think links are just great. The more the better. Where's that Trinkwasser guy gone anyway.
Didn't we call him Trink the Link ??

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
My god! I haven't seen this topic before; what an astonishing thing to say that links are not helpful :!: :!:

Links are pretty much the ENTIRE POINT of the internet.... :roll:

Lot's of respect to the moderators for dealing with this in such a calm way; if it were me there would just be pages of these in response :evil: :evil:

Dillinger

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thanks, Dillinger. :D

I would like to add...

Helpful links that help diabetics understand and control their condition are always welcome on the forum, however, commercial links that lead to sites selling products, especially ones of spurious origin , in other words ' snake oil ' cures etc will be deleted from the board. A reference to the link may be left and then it is up to the individual member to decide to find this out.

HpprKM

Dislikes
sugarless sue said:
Thanks, Dillinger. :D

I would like to add...

Helpful links that help diabetics understand and control their condition are always welcome on the forum, however, commercial links that lead to sites selling products, especially ones of spurious origin , in other words ' snake oil ' cures etc will be deleted from the board. A reference to the link may be left and then it is up to the individual member to decide to find this out.

Exactly how it should be :D