16/01/2017 - 9.2
17/01/2017 - 6.3
18/01/2017 - 6.7
19/01/2017 - 6.9
20/01/2017 - 7.3
21/01/2017 - 6.2
22/01/2017 - 6.2
23/01/2017 - 7.0

I've only been testing for 8 days and prior to, and during that time, I've followed a low(ish) carb diet, so the results are not good in that case methinks. I'd like anyone else's opinion though.

Although those are the fasting figures, there's some not good ones at other times as well, like an 18.2, lots of 7's, a couple of 8's and 9's and lows too, like low 4's and 5's and anything in between.

Reactions: Prem51

dipsydo

5.3 this morning and 5.3 last night .
I have increased my carbs as I was 4.3 for of days and suffered awful and vivid nightmares which looking at other threads could indicate I might be getting a little low overnight... I take no medications so need manage by diet

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
16/01/2017 - 9.2
17/01/2017 - 6.3
18/01/2017 - 6.7
19/01/2017 - 6.9
20/01/2017 - 7.3
21/01/2017 - 6.2
22/01/2017 - 6.2
23/01/2017 - 7.0

I've only been testing for 8 days and prior to, and during that time, I've followed a low(ish) carb diet, so the results are not good in that case methinks. I'd like anyone else's opinion though.

Although those are the fasting figures, there's some not good ones at other times as well, like an 18.2, lots of 7's, a couple of 8's and 9's and lows too, like low 4's and 5's and anything in between.

I have noticed that fasting blood is the last to come down after a change in diet and can take weeks. It is the direction that counts.

Have you seen @daisy1 post to new members yet? It lists guidline to aim for after eating.

Gadget_man

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have noticed that fasting blood is the last to come down after a change in diet and can take weeks. It is the direction that counts.

Have you seen @daisy1 post to new members yet? It lists guidline to aim for after eating.
Thanks for your very prompt reply to my post.

No I haven't and your link only takes me to her profile. Where will I find this guideline please?

Last edited:

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Daisy1 will post a reply tomorrow as the link is a tag to alert her that you need this information.

I agree it is a bit clunky but there is a really helpful community here

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Gadget_man Here, in my signature, is the link to the basic information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful.

Gadget_man

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Gadget_man Here, in my signature, is the link to the basic information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful.
Thanks for that Daisy, I'll read all that with interest. I'm going to see my doctor on Wednesday and see if I can get any sense out her about what help they're going to provide too,

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 today, higher than the last few days where its dipped in to the 5's

Gadget_man

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How do you mark a forum to follow please?

Last edited:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Gadget_man Click on "watch thread" at the top of the page. You should get notifications of any posts.

Gadget_man

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks so much for your input, it's great that you've taken the time to do so for me.

Well it's difficult to be exact on timings and duration as I work 4 evenings out of 7 and I'm out on at least 2 of the other 3 until late, so whilst I agree it would be nice to be so regular, life unfortunately gets in the way.

I'll bear in mind what you've advised and try to ensure I become more organised, especially with a diet log.

Gadget_man

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
7.0 at 7:10 am

Going to see my GP today for the first time about my fasting results, I hope she doesn't just dismiss them because I'm a 'layman', wish me luck.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 at 7:10 am

Going to see my GP today for the first time about my fasting results, I hope she doesn't just dismiss them because I'm a 'layman', wish me luck.
Good luck. Please tell us what he/she says as my fasting level is up towards 7 most days now.