1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

pre-diabetes or diabetic?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by sparrow61, Jul 2, 2017.

1. sparrow61

sparrow61 Prediabetes · Member

I have been eating fruit - an apple a day and blueberries with half a banana and fat free yoghurt for my breakfast. There is my first mistake. I am just feeling rubbish, sweaty, clammy and so tired. All my other bloods came back normal because I thought I may have an under active thyroid. It is obviously something I am doing but thanks to all you lovely people out there giving advice, maybe now, I can look in the right direction. Thank you xx

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Try a few berries and nuts with a plain full fat yogurt for breakfast. I sometimes have this as a dessert later in the day with 3 or 4 strawberries chopped up, or 6 or 8 raspberries. I actually prefer them with double cream. A small apple may well be OK for you.
    Eggs are a better choice for breakfast - cooked any which way, maybe with bacon, mushrooms, a tomato or something. Also cold meats and cheese.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. sparrow61

sparrow61 Prediabetes · Member

Thank you, I will give it a go. Always avoided full fat stuff after having gallstones. Probably mistake no 2. I love eggs and bacon but also avoid that because I thought it would make me pile on the pounds. Amazing. Much appreciated. Thank you xxx

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook