1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 PRE FILLED & SELF FILLED CARTRIDGES

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by masonbason63, Jul 19, 2019.

1. masonbason63

masonbason63 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you have to use a self filled cartridges can you fill 2 or 3 and keep them in the fridge till needed a few days late. Just been so long sine I’ve read up (years) I just cant remember.

2. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

I was told never to prefill my self-fill pump cartridges as the plastic of the cartridge reacts with the insulin over time.
    I assume prefilled cartridges are made of something else??

3. masonbason63

masonbason63 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes there glass, all I was thinking if you use a self filled every 2-3 days it wouldn’t have any interaction with it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook