Prediabetes and new pregnancy?

Dari

Good morning,
I'm new to the forum and very happy it exists!
I'm 43 and have a 15 months baby.
After giving birth I was diagnosed with prediabetes because my sugar level after 1 hour from taking the 75 gram glucose was too high. In my pregnancy I had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes 3 months before due date. Those months I managed to control sugar levels with diet and exercise only.
Now I'm controlling my levels with diet. I lost 8 kg in 9 months and I now weigh 48 kg (105.8 pounds) being 158 cm (62.2 inches) tall.
I apologise for giving this measures but I'm italian and do not know british measure units very well.

Now my desire is having another baby but I'm scared of not being able to control diabetes during pregnancy. I'm scared of possible consequences on the baby and also on myself.
I guess it's possible that my prediabetes changes and becomes a T2.

Does anybody have any suggestion for me?
Has any of you lived a situation like mine?

Thank you very much for any help you could provide.
Dari

Last edited:

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi in both of my pregnancies I had gestational diabetes.I was on insulin and I was diagnosed as prediabetic after 2 nd pregnancy.I can feel what you are feeling I also want to know the same

Dari

Hi in both of my pregnancies I had gestational diabetes.I was on insulin and I was diagnosed as prediabetic after 2 nd pregnancy.I can feel what you are feeling I also want to know the same
Hi there.
It seems we're living similar situations.
Are you thinking about a new pregnancy?

Has anybody given any information on what you've experienced?

Are you managing in controlling sugar levels?

By the way thank you for your reply, Hazelzac!