Prediabetes diagnosis

S

Sable_Jan

I have been on the borderline for about three years last year was my highest BG levels when I had my blood
tests they came out at 6.9 and 6.8 at two consecutive tests. I am due this month for my routine yearly blood test so will know then if I have gone into the diabetic levels ..that is two tests at 7 or over As for the rice pasta etc you will only find what you can eat by testing these some people can't eat them at all some can eat small portions with out spiking their levels
They really should do HbA1c tests to check your blood sugar levels over the past 3 months rather than fasting blood tests to diagnose

S

Sable_Jan

If my husband and I sit for an hour over a meal, should I still test two hours after first mouthful when I still might have been eating for half that time?
When I asked this question most people told me to test 2 hours after I'd finished eating....... I've noticed my meter reminder starts at 2 hours 15 minutes - so maybe that's from the start of the meal but adding 15 for eating? Sorry if I'm confusing the newest diagnosed lady (sorry been reading the thread rather than the names)
Jan

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry if I'm being thick, but can't see how to start a new thread.
Don't worry, it took me months to figure out how to start a new thread (and to even reply at first took some sussing out:D - I needed to register and log in :eek:)